Job title: Associate Director Student Services
Job posted: 16 June 2017
Closing Date: 30 June 2017
Established in 2003, the Singapore campus of James Cook University offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs from James Cook University Australia. James Cook University Australia is recognized internationally as a leading research university and is ranked in the top 2% of universities in the world (ARWU ranking). James Cook University focuses on providing high quality education that is both rewarding and fulfilling for students. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information.
We are now seeking suitable candidates for the position of:
Associate Director Student Services
Assist the Director Operations to ensure that students are provided with the best possible Australian University experience from the point at which they first engage with the university to the point at which they become alumni.
1. Leadership and Management
- Contribute to ongoing leadership and management of the Student Services department
- Manage the daily activities of the student services area
- Manage the Student Services budget and in particular ensure that all expenditure accords with the strategic objectives of that department and of the University
- Organize, plan, and distribute work to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of available resources: manpower, supplies, equipment and facilities
2. Staff Support
- Act as line manager for a range of managerial staff within the SS department
- Build a “students first” culture within Student Services department
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of an appropriate staff training and development programs for staff
- Support, mentor, encourage, motivate and develop all staff within the marketing department
3. Student Management
- Develop and implement the concept of an “Australian university experience” (including student exchange programs) at the Singapore campus
- Ensure that students concerns are dealt with promptly and to the satisfaction of students
- Ensure that the campus provides a range of vibrant clubs and activities which support the growth and development skills of students
- Ensure that a wide range of effective employment support programs are available to graduating students
- Ensure that all EduTrust procedures relating to students are carried out in an accurate and timely manner
- Focus on resolving problems as they arise
- Review and change local student management policies and procedures to ensure a consistency of approach with the Australian campuses.
- Build and maintain strong interrelations with student services functions at the Australian Campuses
4. Process and Systems Improvement
- Provide strong leadership to ongoing campus wide process review activities to ensure that processes continually improve and meet the needs of the campus
- Identify opportunities for more efficient workflow across departments and divisions through the use of technology
- Ensure that all Student Services staff are well trained in the use of available technology and that to the extent possible they use it to improve their personal efficiency
5. Quality Service
- Ensure that all activities within Student Services accord with EduTrust and University requirements
- Lead the development and implementation of a campus Student Satisfaction Survey, analysis and improvement process
- Develop and maintain a continuous improvement culture within Student Services
Key selection criteria
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications
- High level command of the English language
- Highly developed skills managing and supporting staff
- Highly developed skills in identifying and implementing training programs focused on meeting the needs and expectations of demanding customers.
- Significant relevant experience, minimum of 8 years
- Strong understanding of the role of quality processes in improving work outcomes
- Good IT skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
If you have the appropriate qualifications and proven experience to deliver successfully on the above responsibilities, we invite you to send in your application in confidence to the Director, Human Resources, at the following email address: email@example.com Please state the position you are applying for in subject header. Applications should include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria for the position and an up to date CV.
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia. The University offers Bachelor & Master Programs in Business, Psychology, Information Technology & Education at the Singapore campus of James Cook University.