Job title: Associate Professor in Clinical Psychology (Ref. No.: APCPSY)
Job posted: 9 October 2017
Closing Date: 24 October 2017
Established in 2003, the Singapore campus of James Cook University offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs from James Cook University Australia. James Cook University Australia is recognized internationally as a leading research university and is ranked in the top 2% of universities in the world (ARWU ranking). James Cook University focuses on providing high quality education that is both rewarding and fulfilling for students. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information.
We are now seeking suitable candidates for the position of:
Associate Professor in Clinical Psychology (Ref. No.: APCPSY)
We are looking for an experienced clinical psychology academic who can add to our existing strength in the area, someone who will contribute strongly to our research and take on a leadership role. The research outputs in the discipline are quite strong and there is good support available for establishing a research program. The person we are seeking is someone who will make a difference to what we do.
- Provide clinical supervision for intern clinical psychologists undertaking their internal placement at the Psychology Clinic or in external agencies
- Make a contribution to the Academic Group in Psychology through teaching
- Provide research supervision for fourth-year students and Clinical Master and Doctoral students
- Maintain a high level of professional activities including an active research program
- Undertake a leadership role within the discipline and in the campus
Key Selection Criteria:
- Doctoral level qualification in (Clinical) Psychology
- Registration with Psychology Board of Australia (PBA), evidenced by current registration or previous registration in Australia
- Evidence of quality teaching and clinical supervision of students in psychology at the undergraduate and /or postgraduate level
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in academic environment and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Research skills in quantitative or qualitative methods and track record of publications in clinical field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Membership (or eligibility for membership) of Australian Psychological Society (APS) and membership (or eligibility for membership) of APS College of Clinical Psychologists
- Registration (or eligibility to register)as a PBA-approved Clinical Supervisor
Enquiries: Dr Denise Dillon, Head of Academic Group – Psychology & Education at firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: +65 67093730
Employment type: Fulltime continuing position subject to Ministry of Manpower Singapore jurisdiction and a probationary period
Remuneration and conditions: Attractive package will be negotiated with successful applicant-(including relocation expenses and initial accommodation costs)-commensurate with qualifications and experience. Candidates should note relatively lower Singapore taxation rates and possibility of annual wage supplement equal to a month’s salary at the end of calendar year.
Associate Professor: SGD128 000 per annum – SGD177 000 per annum
Method of Application
Applications should provide all of the following:
- Up-to-date CV including research record
- Full statement of qualifications
- Statement systematically addressing the Selection Criteria
- Teaching profile and recent teaching evaluations
- Completed Summary Application Form
If you have the appropriate qualifications and proven experience to deliver successfully on the above responsibilities, we invite you to send in your application in confidence to the Director, Human Resources, at the following email address: email@example.com Please state the position you are applying for in subject header. Applications should include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria for the position and an up to date CV.
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia. The University offers Bachelor & Master Programs in Business, Psychology, Information Technology & Education at the Singapore campus of James Cook University.