Job title: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer* Clinical Psychology (Ref No: Tahelslcpsy)
Job posted: 11 May 2018
Closing Date: 6 June 2018
The Singapore campus of James Cook University is fully owned by James Cook University Australia, which is ranked in the top 2%* of universities in the world. James Cook University Australia established its Singapore campus in 2003 as part of its expressed intent of internationalising its activities and offers a suite of university level programs at the Singapore campus covering the areas of Business, Information Technology, Psychology, Education, Accounting, Arts, Aquaculture, Environmental Science, Games Design, Tourism and Hospitality.
James Cook University offers Higher Degree by Research programs# such as Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and pathways to a higher degree. James Cook University focuses on providing high quality education that is rewarding and fulfilling for students.
The campus is growing, and very friendly and academic staff across the disciplines and administrative staff often interact. At any time, there are students on campus from at least 40 different countries, mainly from the region, but also including a growing cohort from Europe. Singapore is an interesting place to live and provides easy access to other countries in the region. The position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to expand their cultural experience while living in a fascinating and exciting city.
The Psychology Department at JCUS offers APAC (Australian Psychological Accreditation Council) accredited Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours), Master of Psychology (Clinical) and Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) degrees. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information.
We are now seeking suitable candidates for the position of:
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer* Clinical Psychology (Ref No: Tahelslcpsy)
- Provide clinical supervision for intern clinical psychologists undertaking their internal placement at the Psychology Clinic or in external agencies
- Contribute to the Psychology Department through teaching in Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs
- Provide research supervision for fourth-year students, Clinical Master and Doctoral students
- Develop and maintain a high level of professional activities including Active Research Program
Key Selection Criteria:
- Doctoral level qualification in Clinical Psychology (will consider Masters level for Associate Lecturer for highly experienced, Australian-registered clinician)
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience
- Psychology Board of Australia registered, evidenced by current registration or previous registration in Australia.
- Evidence of quality teaching and clinical supervision of students in psychology at Undergraduate and/or Postgraduate level
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in an academic environment and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Research skills in quantitative or qualitative methods and track record of publications in clinical field commensurate with the level of appointment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
*The level of the position offered will be determined by the interview panel.
Highly Desirable Criteria:
- Membership/Eligibility for membership of Australian Psychological Society(APS) and membership/Eligibility for membership of APS College of Clinical Psychologists
- A publication record relative to career stage
Enquiries: Dr Carol Choo, Director of Professional Programs, Clinical Psychology
Telephone: +65 6709 3760
Employment type: Fulltime tenure subject to Ministry-of-Manpower-Singapore jurisdiction and probationary period.
Remuneration conditions: The positions command an appropriate remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience. All employment salary arrangements are offered in SGD. Candidates must consider the lower tax structure in Singapore and the organisational practice of Annual-Wage-Supplement equal to a month’s salary at the end of the calendar year(as eligible) subject to JCU board’s decision.
Lecturer: SGD78 000 per annum – SGD110 000 per annum
Senior Lecturer: SGD92 000 per annum – SGD130 000 per annum
Method of Application
Applications MUST provide all the following:
- Up-to-date CV including research record
- Full statement of qualifications
- Statement systematically addressing the Selection Criteria
- Teaching profile and recent teaching evaluations
- Completed Summary Application Form
Applications without any of the above will not be considered.
If you have the appropriate qualifications and proven experience to deliver successfully on the above responsibilities, we invite you to send in your application in confidence to the Director, Human Resources, at the following email address: email@example.com Please state the position you are applying for in subject header. Applications should include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria for the position and an up to date CV.
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia.
*The Academic Ranking of World Universities, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2017
#The Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) program is also available