Job title: Environmental Science Sessional Lecturers/Tutors (Part-Time)
Job posted: 15 May 2018
Closing Date: 3 June 2018
The Singapore campus of James Cook University is fully owned by James Cook University Australia, which is ranked in the top 2%* of universities in the world. James Cook University Australia established its Singapore campus in 2003 as part of its expressed intent of internationalising its activities and offers a suite of university level programs at the Singapore campus covering the areas of Business, Information Technology, Psychology, Education, Accounting, Arts, Aquaculture, Environmental Science, Games Design, Tourism and Hospitality.
James Cook University offers Higher Degree by Research programs# such as Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and pathways to a higher degree. Additionally, the campus offers courses at the pre-university level, specifically designed to provide pathways for students who are unable to immediately meet university entrance standards.
Our joint program in Business & Environmental Science was created to meet a growing demand for graduates with Business and Science knowledge. Due to the continuing success of this program, we are now seeking suitable candidates to register for our part-time pool of Sessional Lecturers/tutors (Part-time teaching staff) for any of the following science disciplines:
- Marine Ecology & Conservation
- Environmental Economics
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Environmental Processes & Global Change
We are now seeking suitable candidates for the position of:
Environmental Science Sessional Lecturers/Tutors (Part-Time)
The appointees will be experienced academic / faculty members and will be responsible for teaching and supervision in undergraduate courses in Environmental Science. Applications are invited from candidates with a PhD or Masters (postgraduate) qualification with a focus in any of the areas above. Membership of relevant professional bodies and associations will be an added advantage.
- A leadership role in curriculum development and teaching.
- To set and mark assessments
- Provide timely formative and summative feedback to students.
- To secure subject coordinator approval of exams and participate in moderation
- Work closely with the subject coordinator on all matters related to the subject
- Participate in meetings and training session as appropriate
- Significant contribution to the profession, and/or discipline.
Key Selection Criteria
- A PhD or a Master in a relevant Environmental Science discipline mandatory
- Evidence of quality teaching and supervision of students at under- or postgraduate levels.
- The ability to teach across a range of subjects at various levels.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in an academic environment and with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
If you have the appropriate qualifications and proven experience to deliver successfully on the above responsibilities, we invite you to send in your application in confidence to the Director, Human Resources, at the following email address:email@example.com.
Please state the position you are applying for in subject header. Applications should include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria for the position and an up to date CV.
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia.
*The Academic Ranking of World Universities, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2017
#The Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) program is also available