Job title: Executive Graphic Design
Job posted: 4 July 2018
Closing Date: 17 July 2018
James Cook University Australia is recognized internationally as a leading research university and is ranked among the top 2% universities (ARWU ranking) in the world for academic and research performance. We focus on providing high quality education that is both rewarding and fulfilling for students. James Cook University Australia established its Singapore campus in 2003 as part of its expressed intent of internationalising its activities and offers a suite of university level programs at the Singapore campus covering the areas of Business, Information Technology, Psychology, Education, Accounting, Arts, Aquaculture, Environmental Science, Games Design, Tourism and Hospitality.
James Cook University offers Higher Degree by Research programs# such as Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and pathways to a higher degree. Additionally, the campus offers courses at the pre-university level, specifically designed to provide pathways for students who are unable to immediately meet university entrance standards.
Singapore is an interesting place to live and provides easy access to other countries in the region. The position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to expand their cultural experience, live in a fascinating and exciting city. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information.
We are now seeking suitable candidates for the position of:
Executive Graphic Design
Contribute to the achievement of student numbers by designing high quality marketing collaterals (online and offline) for use in all JCU Singapore markets
- Provide a graphic design service for all brochures, booklets and other publications
- Provide a graphic design service for print advertisements placed by the Singapore campus of James Cook University
- Provide design service for electronic media used by the Singapore campus and ensure JCU obtain the best outcome from its electronic marketing collaterals
- Ensure that the university style guide is used as the basis for all advertising and promotion materials whether electronic or paper based
- Ensure that all designs are factually accurate and meet the requirements of the Singapore Code of Practice for Advertisements and other regulatory requirements
- Provide photography and video service for JCU activities whenever required
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in graphic design
- Experience as a graphic design artist
- Experience with electronic media as a form of advertising and promotion
- Experience with the publications and printing process sufficient to be able to prepare advertisements to the pre-print quality
- Able to work individually and as part of a team with flexible approach to work situation
- Comfortable with Mac platform and various software like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, InDesign, etc.
- Basic photography and videography (including editing) skills
If you have the appropriate qualifications and proven experience to deliver successfully on the above responsibilities, we invite you to send in your application in confidence to the Director, Human Resources, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state the position you are applying for in subject header. Applications should include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria for the position and an up to date CV. Kindly state your current and expected salary.
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia.
*The Academic Ranking of World Universities, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2017
#The Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) program is also available