Job title: Executive Student Support (Attendance)
Job posted: 12 March 2018
Closing Date: 25 March 2018
The Singapore campus of James Cook University is fully owned by James Cook University Australia, which is ranked in the top 2%* of universities in the world. James Cook University Australia established its Singapore campus in 2003 as part of its expressed intent of internationalising its activities and offers a suite of university level programs at the Singapore campus covering the areas of Business, Information Technology, Psychology, Education, Accounting, Arts, Aquaculture, Environmental Science, Games Design, Tourism and Hospitality.
James Cook University offers Higher Degree by Research programs# such as Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and pathways to a higher degree.
We are now seeking suitable candidates for the position of:
Executive Student Support (Attendance)
- Provide excellent administrative duties in the unit.
- Provide a first point of contact for students seeking support with non-academic issues.
- Monitor daily attendance of students using data provided by academic seasonal and program staff.
- Tabulate weekly attendance of students.
- Provide initial counselling for students who are continually absent.
- Process the paperwork for renewal and cancellation of student pass.
- Process students Withdrawal and Leave of Absence requests.
Key Selection Criteria
- A degree or equivalent major in Psychology, Counselling and Behavioural Science
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Patient and meticulous with an eye for detail
- Strong administrative and IT skills
If you have the appropriate qualifications and proven experience to deliver successfully on the above responsibilities, we invite you to send in your application in confidence to the Director, Human Resources, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state the position you are applying for in subject header. Applications should include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria for the position and an up to date CV.
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia.
* The Academic Ranking of World Universities, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2017
# The Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) program is also available