Job title: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Guidance & Counselling (Ref No:JCUSGC)
Job posted: 16 June 2017
Closing Date: 23 July 2017
Established in 2003, the Singapore campus of James Cook University offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs from James Cook University Australia. James Cook University Australia is recognized internationally as a leading research university and is ranked in the top 2% of universities in the world (ARWU ranking). James Cook University focuses on providing high quality education that is both rewarding and fulfilling for students. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information.
We are now seeking suitable candidates for the position of:
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Guidance & Counselling (Ref No:JCUSGC)
Seeking an experienced academic and qualified-counsellor responsible for postgraduate course in Guidance and Counselling. Applications invited from candidates with significant background in school guidance, school psychology and/or school counselling. Interest and demonstrated background in all aspects of counselling practice combined with academic experience would be advantageous to meet our current needs. Experience in school setting and eligibility for membership of the Australian Guidance and Counselling Association are also desirable.
*The level of the position offered will be determined by the interview panel.
- Contribute through teaching the Master of Guidance and Counselling course and undergraduate course in Education
- Administer course assessment and provide written evaluative and formative feedback on student work in timely manner
- Report to and maintain positive relationships with subject-coordinators
- Provide support and consultancy to students on practicum and coursework-matters
- Develop and maintain active research program and high level of professional-activities
- Supervise postgraduate research-projects
- Build and sustain partnerships in community for JCUS practicum-placements
- Ensure all operations accord with established JCUS procedures, policies and established-practices
- Engage in marketing activities that occur
- Advise and support MGC-alumni-network
- Ad-hoc duties as determined by JCUS-management
Key selection criteria
- PhD in Education or cognate-discipline
- Current membership of the Singapore-Association-for-Counselling (or equivalent association) or willing and eligible to become a member
- Experience in counselling, including career development counselling, and understanding of contemporary issues in Guidance and Counselling
- Proven counselling practicum-supervision track record
- Substantial Professional-Counsellor experience preferred
- Evidence of quality teaching and supervision of postgraduate students
- Ability to teach across range of subjects at postgraduate levels
- Substantial publication record relative to career stage and success in obtaining research funding
- Excellent management skills
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake administrative duties consistent with the postgraduate program’s growth and development
- Demonstrated excellence in time-management, problem-solving and computer-skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in team
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Eligibility for membership of Australian Guidance and Counselling Association
- Ability to forge strong collaborative links with practicum-supervisors
- Contribute to growth of profession in region
Enquiries: Dr Denise Dillon, Head of Academic Group–Psychology & Education: email@example.com
Employment type: Fulltime position subject to Ministry of Manpower Singapore jurisdiction and a probationary period
Remuneration conditions: Attractive package negotiated with successful applicant-(including relocation expenses, initial accommodation costs)-commensurate with qualifications and experience. Candidates should note relatively lower Singapore taxation rates and possibility of annual wage supplement equal to a month’s salary at end of calendar year.
Lecturer: SGD77 000 per annum – SGD102 000 per annum
Senior Lecturer: SGD91 000 per annum – SGD121 000 per annum
Method of Application
Applications should provide all of the following in order to be considered:
- up-to-date CV including research record
- full statement of qualifications
- statement systematically addressing Selection Criteria
- teaching profile
- recent teaching evaluations
- completed Summary Application Form
If you have the appropriate qualifications and proven experience to deliver successfully on the above responsibilities, we invite you to send in your application in confidence to the Director, Human Resources, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state the position you are applying for in subject header. Applications should include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria for the position and an up to date CV.
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia. The University offers Bachelor & Master Programs in Business, Psychology, Information Technology & Education at the Singapore campus of James Cook University.