Job title: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer* In Business (Banking & Finance)
Job posted: 22 March 2017
Closing Date: 23 April 2017
Established in 2003, the Singapore campus of James Cook University offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs from James Cook University Australia. James Cook University Australia is recognized internationally as a leading research university and is ranked in the top 2% of universities in the world (ARWU ranking). James Cook University focuses on providing high quality education that is both rewarding and fulfilling for students. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information.
We are now seeking suitable candidates for the position of:
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer* Business (Banking & Finance) Ref No: TAHEBF
The appointee will be an experienced academic and will be responsible for teaching and supervision in post/graduate courses in Business degrees.
*The level of the position offered will be determined by the interview panel.
- A leadership role in curriculum development and teaching.
- Course coordination.
- Supervision of major honours or postgraduate research projects.
- Supervision of the program of study for honours and postgraduate students engaged in course work.
- Research, including, where appropriate, leadership of a large research team.
- Significant contribution to the profession, and/or discipline.
Key Selection Criteria:
- A PhD in Business with specialization in Banking & Finance.
- A substantial publication record relative to career stage.
- Success in obtaining research funding.
- Evidence of quality teaching and supervision of students at under- and postgraduate levels.
- The ability to teach across a range of subjects at various levels.
- Evidence of academic leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in an academic environment and with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Enquiries: Dr K Thirumaran, Head of Academic Group - Business & IT: email@example.com
Employment type: Fulltime position subject to Ministry of Manpower Singapore jurisdiction and probationary period
Remuneration conditions: Attractive package negotiated with successful applicant-(including relocation expenses, initial accommodation costs)-commensurate with qualifications and experience. Candidates should note relatively lower Singapore taxation rates and possibility of annual-wage-supplement equal to a month’s salary at end of calendar year.
Lecturer: SGD77 000 per annum – SGD102 000 per annum
Senior Lecturer: SGD91 000 per annum – SGD121 000 per annum
Method of Application
Applications should provide all of the following:
- up-to-date CV including research record
- full statement of qualifications
- statement systematically addressing the Selection Criteria
- teaching profile
- recent teaching evaluations
- completed Summary Application Form
Please state position and reference number applying for in subject header and send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia. The University offers Bachelor & Master Programs in Business, Psychology, Information Technology & Education at the Singapore campus of James Cook University.
*Times Higher Education, World University Rankingsobtainable from