Job title: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer* In Business
Job posted: 4 June 2018
Closing Date: 27 June 2018
The Singapore campus of James Cook University is fully owned by James Cook University Australia, which is ranked in the top 2%* of universities in the world. James Cook University Australia established its Singapore campus in 2003 as part of its expressed intent of internationalising its activities and offers a suite of university level programs at the Singapore campus covering the areas of Business, Information Technology, Psychology, Education, Accounting, Arts, Aquaculture, Environmental Science, Games Design, Tourism and Hospitality.
James Cook University offers Higher Degree by Research programs# such as Doctor of Philosophy#, Master of Philosophy and pathways to a higher degree. Additionally, the campus offers courses at the pre-university level, specifically designed to provide pathways for students who are unable to immediately meet university entrance standards.
The campus is growing and very friendly and academic staff across the disciplines and administrative staff often interact. At any time, there are students on campus from at least 40 different countries, mainly from the region, but also including a growing cohort from Europe. Singapore is an interesting place to live and provides easy access to other countries in the region. The position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to expand their cultural experience, live in a fascinating and exciting city.
The Department of Business at JCU Singapore offers both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Business, Accounting, Tourism and Finance. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information. Continuing success of the business programs and the increasing demand for graduates in this field has prompted expansion of our academic team.
We are now seeking suitable candidates for the position of:
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer* Business
The appointee will be an experienced academic / faculty member and will be responsible for teaching and supervision in post/graduate courses in Business degrees.
*The level of the position offered will be determined by the interview panel.
- Deliver programmes to the highest teaching standards in accordance to AACSB and other accreditation bodies to students from all over the world.
- Contribute to curriculum development and course coordination areas of expertise, ensuring courses and subjects remain relevant, and integral to the betterment of lives in the tropics.
- Outreach to local and international stakeholders in the Business ecosystem such as government agencies, businesses, incubators, venture capitalists, angel Investors, etc. for the purposes of teaching and learning.
- Participate in administrative duties or leadership including student and staff professional activities.
- Supervision of the program of study for undergraduate and postgraduate students engaged in course work.
- Research active, including, where appropriate, leadership of a large research team.
- Engage in industry-based, collaborative research, and build reputation through publication in both peer-review and professional journals.
Key Selection Criteria:
- A PhD in Business, preferably in Management or a related disciplines.
- A substantial publication record in high quality journals relative to career stage.
- Success in obtaining research funding.
- Evidence of quality teaching and supervision of students at under- and postgraduate levels.
- A record of excellent mentoring, conducting research projects, and supervisory experience with Higher Degree by Research
- The ability to teach across a range of subjects at various levels.
- Experience teaching online classes, team teaching with other business colleagues is a plus.
- Evidence of academic leadership relative to career stage.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in an academic environment and with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Amenable to use new learning and teaching technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Enquiries: Dr K Thirumaran, Head of Academic Group - Business & IT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment type: Full Time tenure subject to Ministry-of-Manpower-Singapore jurisdiction and probationary period.
Remuneration conditions: The positions command an appropriate remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience. All employment salary arrangements are offered in SGD. Candidates must consider the lower tax structure in Singapore and the organisational practice of Annual-Wage-Supplement equal to a month’s salary at the end of the calendar year(as eligible) subject to JCU board’s decision.
Lecturer: SGD78 000 per annum – SGD110 000 per annum
Senior Lecturer: SGD92 000 per annum – SGD130 000 per annum
Method of Application
Applications MUST provide all of the following:
- Up-to-date CV including research record
- Full statement of qualifications
- Statement systematically addressing the Selection Criteria
- Teaching profile and recent teaching evaluations
- Completed Summary Application Form
Applications without any of the above will not be considered.
Please state the position and reference number you are applying for in subject header and send your application to email@example.com
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia. The University offers Bachelor & Master Programs in Business, Psychology, Information Technology & Education at the Singapore campus of James Cook University.
*Times Higher Education, World University Rankingsobtainable from