Job title: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor Tourism & Hospitality Management (Ref:JSthm)
Job posted: 12 February 2018
Closing Date: 28 February 2018
The Singapore campus of James Cook University is fully owned by James Cook University Australia, which is ranked in the top 2%* of universities in the world. James Cook University Australia established its Singapore campus in 2003 as part of its expressed intent of internationalising its activities and offers a suite of university level programs at the Singapore campus covering the areas of Business, Information Technology, Psychology, Education, Accounting, Arts, Aquaculture, Environmental Science, Games Design, Tourism and Hospitality.
James Cook University offers Higher Degree by Research programs# such as Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and pathways to a higher degree.
Additionally, the campus offers courses at the pre-university level, specifically designed to provide pathways for students who are unable to immediately meet university entrance standards.
The campus is growing and very friendly and academic staff across the disciplines and administrative staff often interact. At any time, there are students on campus from at least 40 different countries, mainly from the region, but also including a growing cohort from Europe. Singapore is an interesting place to live and provides easy access to other countries in the region. The position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to expand their cultural experience, live in a fascinating and exciting city.
The School of Business at JCU Singapore offers both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Business, Accounting, Tourism and Finance. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information. Continuing success of the business programs and the increasing demand for graduates in this field has prompted expansion of our academic team.
We are now seeking suitable candidates for the position of:
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor Tourism & Hospitality Management(Ref:JSthm)
The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor*, specializing in hospitality will work closely with academic staff in the development, course coordination and delivery of the tourism & hospitality programs offered at JCU Singapore. Additional responsibilities include mentoring undergraduate and postgraduate students, contributing to essential service activities and developing partnerships with industry leaders in the region. The incumbent will have research interests in any areas of tourism and hospitality. Expertise in gastronomy, operations and revenue management are considered highly desirable. The incumbent will be teaching hospitality or related disciplines and will have a record of academic and industry experience.
*The level of the position offered will be determined by the interview panel.
- A leadership role in curriculum development and teaching.
- Course coordination.
- Supervision of major honours or postgraduate research projects.
- Supervision of the program of study for honours and postgraduate students engaged in course work.
- Research, including, where appropriate, leadership of a large research team.
- Significant contribution to the profession, and/or discipline.
Key Selection Criteria:
- A PhD in Hospitality or a related discipline.
- A substantial publication record relative to career stage.
- Success in obtaining research funding.
- Evidence of quality teaching and supervision of students at postgraduate levels.
- The ability to teach across a range of subjects at various levels.
- Experience teaching online classes and team teaching is a plus.
- Evidence of academic leadership relative to career stage.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in an academic environment and with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Amenable to use new learning and teaching technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Enquiries: Dr K Thirumaran, Head of Academic Group Business & IT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment type: Fulltime position subject to Ministry of Manpower Singapore jurisdiction and probationary period
Remuneration conditions: Attractive package negotiated with successful applicant (including relocation expenses, initial accommodation costs) commensurate with qualifications and experience. Candidates should note relatively lower Singapore taxation rates and the possibility of annual-wage-supplement equal to a month’s salary at end of calendar year.
Lecturer: SGD78 000 per annum – SGD110 000 per annum
Senior Lecturer: SGD92 000 per annum – SGD130 000 per annum
Associate Professor: SGD120 000 to SGD170 000 per annum.
Method of Application
Applications should provide all of the following:
- up-to-date CV including research record
- full statement of qualifications
- statement systematically addressing the Selection Criteria
- teaching profile
- recent teaching evaluations
- completed Summary Application Form
Applications without any of the above will not be considered. Please state position and reference number applying for in subject header and send application to email@example.com
If you have the appropriate qualifications and proven experience to deliver successfully on the above responsibilities, we invite you to send in your application in confidence to the Director, Human Resources, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state the position you are applying for in subject header. Applications should include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria for the position and an up to date CV.
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia. The University offers Bachelor & Master Programs in Business, Psychology, Information Technology & Education at the Singapore campus of James Cook University.