Job title: Manager Student Careers
Job posted: 14 June 2018
Closing Date: 28 June 2018
The Singapore campus of James Cook University is fully owned by James Cook University Australia, which is ranked in the top 2%* of universities in the world. James Cook University Australia established its Singapore campus in 2003 as part of its expressed intent of internationalising its activities and offers a suite of university level programs at the Singapore campus covering the areas of Business, Information Technology, Psychology, Education, Accounting, Arts, Aquaculture, Environmental Science, Games Design, Tourism and Hospitality.
James Cook University offers Higher Degree by Research programs# such as Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and pathways to a higher degree.
We are now seeking suitable candidates for the position of:
Manager Student Careers
To cultivate and develop strategic partnership with potential employers for the employability of students and alumni
- Establish, secure and cultivate organisations to secure internship and job opportunities for students and alumni in Singapore primarily
- Leadership and Management of the student career centre
- Organise and manage major career related events for students & networking events for alumni to facilitate the interactions of students/alumni and employers.
- Manage opportunities pertaining to internship and employment administration
- Serve as the primary contact for internship inquiries and help enhance the opportunities
- Career Counselling for Students
- Career Development Support
- Planning and Reporting
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in career coaching / counselling / career services / graduate recruitment / human resources / job placement / training / executive search. Those with sales experience is an added advantage
- Minimum a Bachelor Degree from any discipline. Additionally having a post graduate qualification on Counselling, Human Resources, Psychology, Career Management and Career Assessment Tools will be an added advantage
- Familiar with Singapore Employment Act is an added advantage
- Excellent English communication (both spoken and written) and interpersonal skills
- Passionate in coaching and supporting students in achieving success in their career
- Good team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Active listener with strong problem solving and decision making skills
If you have the appropriate qualifications and proven experience to deliver successfully on the above responsibilities, we invite you to send in your application in confidence to the Director, Human Resources, at the following email address: email@example.com Please state the position you are applying for in subject header. Applications should include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria for the position and an up to date CV.
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia.
*The Academic Ranking of World Universities, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2017
#The Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) program is also available