Job title: Senior Manager Administration & Facilities
Job posted: 12 May 2017
Closing Date: 4 June 2017
Established in 2003, the Singapore campus of James Cook University offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs from James Cook University Australia. James Cook University Australia is recognized internationally as a leading research university and is ranked in the top 2% of universities in the world (ARWU ranking). James Cook University focuses on providing high quality education that is both rewarding and fulfilling for students. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information.
We are now seeking suitable candidates for the position of:
Senior Manager Administration & Facilities
The Senior Manager Administration & Facilities will be responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of the department through cost effective business practices, health & safety issues, sustainability, team cohesiveness and excellence in customer services.
- Campus infrastructure management including:
- commercial lease processes with relevant government agencies
- Campus amenities, security, emergency/evacuation and facilities maintenance
- project management, space utilisation/analysis, service quality
- oversee construction and renovation projects ensuring compliance with standards and regulations
- oversee the installation, maintenance and repair of infrastructure including machinery, equipment, electrical and mechanical systems.
- participate in architectural/engineering planning/design, including space and installation management
- manage the tender and selection of contractors
- Administration Management including:
- Management of office environment, equipment & supply
- Control of Admin & Facilities intranet and website
- Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures.
- Regular review and implementation of policies & procedures
- Day to day running offices, supply management.
- Facilities Management including:
- ensure that facilities meet environmental, health, and security standards,
- overall management of outsourced facilities providers
- prepare and review operational reports, statistics and schedules
- team management
- Ensuring sustainability and reduction of carbon foot print of the Campus
- Continuous improvement and efficiency whilst ensuring that environmental, health/safety, security standards, and government regulations are met
- Quality and industry audit compliance and review to best practices including EduTrust, SQC, ISO, OHSAS
- Plan and manage the operations and maintenance budget ensuring cost effectiveness
- Diploma/ Degree in Electrical/ Mechanical/Building Services/ Business Administration /Facilities Management or other relevant fields
- Certificate in Fire Safety preferable
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a supervisory role
- Experience in building development or A&A projects is essential
- Able to work individually and as part of a team with flexible approach
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to manage staff
- Hands on and able to multi-task and deliver under tight deadlines
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- An interest in evaluating, exploiting and pushing the use of new technologies and efficiency
- Strong computer skills
If you have the appropriate qualifications and proven experience to deliver successfully on the above responsibilities, we invite you to send in your application in confidence to the Director, Human Resources, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state the position you are applying for in subject header. Applications should include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria for the position and an up to date CV.
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia. The University offers Bachelor & Master Programs in Business, Psychology, Information Technology & Education at the Singapore campus of James Cook University.