Cooling off period
All students have a cooling off period of 7 working days from the date on which they sign their contract. The Student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in the Student Contract) of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to James Cook University Singapore within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not. Such notice of withdrawal must be received in writing from the student within the seven day cooling off period.
Withdrawal for Cause
Subject to Force Majeure, a student shall be entitled to immediately withdraw from the Course by giving written notice to James Cook University Singapore of their intention to do as a result of one or more of the following circumstances:
- James Cook University Singapore fails, for any reason, to commence the course on the commencement date;
- James Cook University Singapore terminates the course, for any reason, prior to course commencement date;
- James Cook University Singapore fails, for any reason, to complete the course by the completion date;
- James Cook University Singapore terminates the course for any reason prior to the completion of the course; or
- The Student Pass application is rejected by the Immigration and Checkpoint Authority
- James Cook University Singapore is in breach of its obligations under the student contract
The Student will be entitled to a refund of the entire Course and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the Student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the notice.
Withdrawal without Cause:
Where a Student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those set out above or Force Majeure and the withdrawal notice is received more than 21 days prior to the course commencement date James Cook University Singapore, shall, subject to the no double claim clause,, as soon as practicable after receiving the student’s written notice of withdrawal (and in any event no more than seven (7) working days after receiving such notice) refund to the student 80% of the tuition and other course fees paid less any applicable administrative charges properly paid/payable under Fee Protection Scheme).
Where the notice of withdrawal is received within 21 days of the course commencement date, the student is not eligible for any refund (subject to the cooling off period provision).
In the event that James Cook University Singapore and the student shall be rendered unable to carry out the whole or any part of its obligations under the Student Contract for any reason beyond the control of that party, including but not limited to acts of God, force majeure, strikes, war, riot and any other causes of such nature, then the performance of the obligations hereunder of that party or all the parties as the case may be and as they are affected by such cause shall be excused during the continuance of any inability so caused, but such inability shall as far as possible be remedied with all reasonable dispatch. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall not apply to cases where:
- James Cook University Singapore is declared to be insolvent and/or a winding-up order made or bankruptcy issued by the Singapore court against it; and
- The relevant authority (ies) issue(s) an order to cease and/or terminate the operations of James Cook University Singapore, or the happening of anything of a similar nature under the laws of Singapore.
No Double Claim
If the Student and/or his/her parent/guardian receives any payment from James Cook University Singapore or the Escrow Bank/Insurance Company due to a provision of the Student Contract or the Master Escrow Agreement/Master Insurance Agreement for any matter or damage, then the Student and his/her parent/guardian shall not be entitled to claim against James Cook University Singapore or the Escrow Bank/Insurance Company* for the same payment for the same matter or damage due to any other provision in the Student Contract or the Master Escrow Agreement/Master Insurance Agreement.
All refunds will be processed within 7 working days from lodgment of request.
Details on the procedures are available in the Student Handbook which can be accessed by clicking here.