Dr. Simona Azzali
- Degree & Masters Courses & Study in Singapore
- Study at JCU
- Current Students
- The Singapore campus of James Cook University
- Why Study at James Cook University
- Statement of Strategic Intent
- Facts & figures
- Professional Recognition
- Message from the VC
- Message from the DVC
- Board of Directors
- Advisory Board Members
- Annual Report
- Organisation structure
- Examination board
- Our Quality Management Framework
- Our resources
- Staff Profiles
- Applying and Enrolment
- JCUS Student Code of Conduct
- Staff Email
- Facilities Booking
- Merit Scholarships
- JCU Graduation
- LearnJCU Help Guides
- Tropical Futures Institute
- Move-Up Scholarships for Current Students
- JCU Success Workshops
- Annual Report 2020
- Clubs & Societies Redirect
- LC APA 7th Resources Redirect
Dr. Simona Azzali
- Doctor of Philosophy (Urban Planning and Design), Qatar University, 2013 – 2017;
- Graduate Certificate of Education (Academic Practice), James Cook University, 2018 – 2019;
- Master of Science (Digital Desig), Politecnico di Milano;
- Laurea in Design (MSc + BSc), Politecnico di Milano.
Dr Simona Azzali is a senior lecturer and researcher in urban design and teaches core, elective, and studio modules on disaster management, urban research methods, urban planning and sustainable urbanism. She is a member of JCU's Tropical Urbanism and Design Lab, an interdisciplinary team of geographers, architects, sociologists and planners interested in tropical urbanism, and JCU's Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia (CITBA).
Prior to commencing her appointment at James Cook University, she worked and researched for various renowned academic institutions as the National University of Singapore, UCL London, Politecnico di Milano, and Qatar University.
Dr Simona Azzali has published extensively and presented her work in international conferences in the field of urban studies, architecture and planning. Her teaching experience covers four different universities in Milan, Doha, and Singapore where she has taught core modules, elective courses, and studios. She has also contributed to organizing several events, workshops, and initiatives on urban design and architecture topics.
Dr. Simona Azzali academic interests focus on Urban design and planning in tropical Asian cities; Liveability and sustainability of public open spaces; Urban regeneration and renewal processes; Walkability and pedestrianization; Spatial practices of migrant communities; Environment Behaviour Studies; Mega Sport Events and their impact on the built environment.