With this degree you will be equipped with skills that meet the demands of business including developing communication and engagement skills, building networks, adopting a commercial mindset, understanding project management and mastering critical thinking and problem solving.
Initially, you will concentrate on establishing a solid understanding of the business environment via the compulsory subjects. Later on, you will start to specialise and expand your major area of study. You will also have the opportunity to see and experience business fundamentals in action while working on industry projects.
Our accounting degree holds full accreditation with CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ).
March, July, November
2 years full time
3 trimesters per year (normally 4 subjects per trimester)
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Principles of Economics
- Principles of Data Analysis for Business
- Introduction to Management Concepts and Application
- Business Communications
- Marketing Matters
- Business Law
- plus one of the following Work Integrated Learning Capstone Subjects:
- Professional Internship*
- Multidisciplinary Project
- Independent Project
In the JCU Bachelor of Business, students conclude their studies with a core Work Integrated Learning (WIL) experience that connects them with the business community, enabling them to demonstrate their graduate skills to potential employers.
To be eligible to apply for WIL, students must successfully complete prescribed online career development modules and quizzes throughout the degree to better prepare them for their WIL experience.
- Foundation of Accounting Principles
- Cost Management and Control
- Principles of Finance
- Data Analytics and Business Modelling
- Accounting Information Systems
- Law of Business Organisations
- Corporate Financial Accounting
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting
- Strategic Performance Management
- Auditing and Assurance
- Taxation Law
Minor Subjects (4 subjects from one of the following areas)
Note: If a single major is selected English for Academic Purposes can be chosen as an elective subject.
For a comprehensive listing and outline of the respective course subjects, please click here.
- The entry requirements differ from country to country but in general applicants must have satisfactorily completed 12 years of schooling or equivalent
- Successful completion of the James Cook University Foundation Program will also satisfy the entrance requirement
- Successful completion of English Language subject or any language rich subject deemed comparable to Australian standards on a case-by-case basis which includes GCE A level Grade D or higher in English or any language rich subject, GCE AS level Grade C or higher in English or any language rich subject, or GCE O level Grade C or higher in English subject
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of IELTS 6 (no component lower than 6.0) / TOEFL (Internet Based) 74 (no component less than 18) / Pearson PTE Academic 52 (no component less than 52); or
- Satisfactory completion of James Cook University Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP); or
- Successful completion of other qualifications completed in English Language deemed comparable to Australian standards within the last two years on a case-by-case basis
- Advanced standing of up to 8 subjects will be granted upon successful completion of James Cook University Diploma of Higher Education (Business Studies) program.
- Credit exemption may be granted for students with tertiary qualifications from recognised institutions on a case-by-case basis.
International students holding a valid Student's Pass are required to attend at least 90% of scheduled classes per month. Failure to attend classes is a breach of the student visa conditions. Being absent from classes for a continuous period of seven days or more, or attendance falling below 90% without valid reasons will result in the student needing to surrender their Student's Pass for cancellation.
Domestic students must attend at least 75% of the scheduled lecture and tutorial activities to be eligible for assessment.
Accounting graduates are in demand around the world. They progress through a wide range of employment opportunities in the public and private sector including: public accounting practice, financial and management accounting, system accountant, financial officer, management consulting and policy advisor.
*Fees apply to all Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding those holding a Student Pass)
Note: All course fees include prevailing 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Download the Business brochure here.
Note: International students in Singapore on a Student Pass are not permitted to work. For more information please visit http://www.ica.gov.sg.
James Cook University is EduTrust Certified. The EduTrust certification scheme is administered by the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
EduTrust requires all students to be covered under a Fee Protection Scheme. In James Cook University, this is provided through an insurance protection scheme. Further, EduTrust also
requires that the students must be covered under a medical insurance coverage which has provision for hospitalisation, surgery and treatment costs throughout their course duration.
James Cook University will advise in the Standard Student Contract the total amount of insurance payable.
For more details please visit the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) website: www.cpe.gov.sg
Although James Cook University endeavours to ensure the accuracy of this information, there is no guarantee it will remain accurate all year. Applicants are advised to confirm program details with the appropriate school before making an application.