Job Search Strategies (Part 1)
Finding a job in today’s hyper competitive and volatile job market can be an uphill battle. Traditional methods that job seekers were coached to use are no longer sufficient to suit the realities of today. Do you know:
- 75% of resumes are rejected before reaching the hiring manager
- 77% of recruiters rely on LinkedIn
- 54% of employers have rejected candidates based on their social media profiles
- Only 5% out of hundreds actually earn a face-to-face interview
This workshop recognises the limitations of those methods widely taught in career books and websites, and is determined to supply you with unconventional yet practical methods, from developing a structured job search strategy, to the interview tips that can land you your dream job.
Cracking the hidden job market
- Tips on networking and in connecting with employers
- Finding where to fish for job opportunities using google advance search and LinkedIn
Resume writing and cover letter overhaul that will be read instead of tossed
- How not to get your CV & cover letter tossed
- Understand how to window dress your competencies and marketable skills to employers
|Mr. Jason Tan|
Recognised as the most accomplished strategist in this generation and a multiple effective marketing awards winner since his apprenticeship days, Jason has earned ‘the Goliath of Advertising’ title due to his unusual effective and disruptive marketing tactics. His unusual and distinctive approach to marketing created campaigns that drove double to even tripe digit business growth for some of his blue chip clients, which includes Pepsi, Heineken, Tiger, Guinness, Nike, KFC, Citibank, Volkswagen, CNBC, Citibank, GSK, AstraZeneca, AIA Singapore, AXA, and many more across the Asia Pacific REgion. The same philosophy has also enabled Jason to coach hundreds of his students into landing their first jobs for MNCS like Google, P&G, Unilever, Cisco System, Microsoft, to some of the biggest marketing agencies int he world like Ogilvy, GroupM, JWT, BBDO, and many more. His unique sharing has inspired over 10,000 people to find purpose in their careers too. He has been teaching these topics for more than 10 years at several universities till today like MIS, Kaplan Higher Education, SIM Global, NUS, NTU & SMU. He also speaks regularly at business conference while he continues to actively collaborate with leading multinationals and SMEs in tackling marketing challenges.
Photos and recording will be taken during the event for news and various publicity purposes.