The Peoples, Cultures, and Careers Research Cluster undertakes research in aspects of management, work, and organizations. We draw from inter-disciplinary fields across business and organizational psychology, human resource management, organizational behaviour, and cross-cultural management to contribute to research and practice at the intersection of peoples, cultures, and careers. We have particular interests in employment policies, workforce diversity, comparative management, and the changing nature of work and organizations. Our focal aim is to provide guidance to employers and policy makers on healthy work lives and wellbeing, decent work, workplace equity, and inclusive prosperity, hallmarks of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Situated within the Centre of International Trade and Business in Asia (CITBA), the research cluster is comprised of academics from JCU Singapore as well as scholars from around the world. We also host doctoral students and post-doctoral fellows and organize seminars with both visiting and JCU Singapore speakers. Additionally, we welcome collaborations with public and industry partners on research and consulting projects.
Please contact Professor Eddy Ng for opportunities with the Peoples, Cultures, and Careers Research Cluster.
Aims and objectives:
The Peoples, Cultures, and Careers Research Cluster is primarily focused on research in the human resource management domain. At the macro level, we focus on employment policies, the labour market, industrial relations, the future of work, and workforce demographics. At the micro level, we focus on leadership, talent and skills development, career issues, work organization, and the professions.
The aim and objectives of the Peoples, Cultures, and Careers Research Cluster
- publish papers in leading academic journals,
- make significant contributions to research and practice in human resource management, industrial and organizational psychology, organizational behaviour, industrial relations, and the sociology of work,
- develop collaborations with researchers from JCU Singapore and international institutions,
- encourage links between the academic and practitioner communities.
Current research themes include:
- Employee Performance and Engagement
- Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Leadership and Careers
- Talent Management, Expatriates, and Migrant Labour Mobility
- Worklife Balance, Workplace Health, and Wellbeing