JCU Singapore logo


1. How do I know if I am eligible to graduate?
You are eligible to graduate if you have accumulated the credit points necessary for the respective courses. Alternative, you can check with your respective Associate Dean after your final results are released.
2. How do I register to attend the graduation ceremony?
Register your attendance via eStudent before closing date of the relevant graduation period.
3. What if I complete my degree a few months before the Graduation Ceremony?
You have the option to graduate in absentia or to attend the next available graduation ceremony.
4. If I do not pay up my outstanding fees will the University confer my award?
No, the University is unable to graduate any student who has outstanding fees
5. Please explain the titles 'Graduand' and 'Graduate' of James Cook University?
After you are approved to graduate and before the Chancellor confers your award you are a 'graduand'. After your award has been conferred either at a graduation ceremony or in absentia you are a 'graduate'.
6. After I am a graduate is there a way of keeping in touch with the University?

You can stay in touch through our Alumni Network. Fill in your particulars here by using your first name & last name (last name as at graduation). We will send you an email with details for your new alumni account once it is setup.

Please also like & follow the JCU Singapore Alumni Facebook page for frequent news updates & alumni activities.

Additionally, if you are currently a residence in Singapore, you are also welcome to join the JCU Singapore Alumni Association as a member to participate in their events & activities. JCU Singapore Alumni is a formal association registered under the Registry of Societies (T06SS0273K).

If you require any further assistance, you may send your queries to alumni-singapore@jcu.edu.au
7. Can I have a printout of my official academic record with a notation stating that I have completed my award?
Yes but only after the Pro Vice Chancellor has approved your graduation.
8. How do I apply for a printout of my official academic record before and after graduation?
You can do so by completing an Application for Official Academic Record Form.
9. Will I receive any information regarding my graduation status?
Upon successful meeting the course requirement and settlement of all outstanding payments with the campus, graduands should receive an Confirmation Email from OfficialJCUCommunications@jcu.edu.au
10. If I can't attend a graduation ceremony this year, can I attend next year?
Yes, provided you have not had your award conferred in absentia i.e. you have not requested that the JCU University Council confer your award at a council meeting.
11. How do I get my testamur (certificate) if I am not attending a ceremony?
If you opt to not attend the graduation ceremony, you can collect your graduation documents in JCU Singapore Exams Office within one week from the graduation day. Please bring along your IC for verification purpose. You can authorise a person to collect your graduation documents on your behalf, please write to graduation-singapore@jcu.edu.au for the inquiry. You can have  graduation documents posted to your overseas address, please write to graduation-singapore@jcu.edu.au for the inquiry.
12. How do I replace my testamur (certificate) if it is lost, misplaced or damaged?
You will need to fill out the Testamur Replacement Form and submit it to James Cook University (form submission details are stated in the form)

If a testamur is declared as lost in the mail, but is eventually delivered at a later date it must be returned to James Cook University – at no cost to you.
13. Can I order a testamur (certificate) with a new name after graduation?
No, you will not be able to. Hence it is important that upon receiving the first Notification email about Graduation, you must to check through and verify your personal information such as the name and academic award to be printed on the testamur stated on Graduation Details section of your eStudent account.

If all information are correct, no action is required on the part of the graduand. If the information is not correct, graduand is responsible to email graduation-singapore@jcu.edu.au with the appropriate supporting documents such as copies of their passport (International student), identification card (Domestic student) & deed poll etc.