IDOTT Contest 2022 Terms and Conditions
IDOTT Contest 2022 Terms and Conditions
By entering the JCU International Day of the Tropics Social Media Contest ("Contest"), entrants agree to abide by the following Terms and Conditions:
- The Contest is being run by the Singapore campus of James Cook University ("JCU"), having its registered office at 149 Sims Drive, Singapore 387380.
- The Contest is open to current students, staff (except for Marketing, Branding and Communications’ staff), alumni of JCU and members of the public.
- Each entrant may only submit one entry via Facebook or Instagram. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
All entries must be submitted within the contest period which runs from 16 June 2022 (Thursday) to 6 July 2022 (Wednesday) at 4pm (GMT +8) ("Contest Period").
- Images/Videos which contain vulgarities or inappropriate language, or are deemed to be abusive, obscene or repugnant will be disqualified.
- Each entrant must set his/her Facebook/Instagram account to ‘Public’ to enable JCU to see his/her entry.
Incomplete, indecipherable or fuzzy images or videos will be rejected. JCU assumes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- Facebook/Instagram account accounts that are suspected of being fake or spam, or of duplicate identities, or of having purchased likes in order to win the Contest (as determined by JCU in its absolute discretion) will be disqualified.
- The winners will be announced on 8 July 2022 (Friday) on JCU's Facebook and Instagram channels, and the winners will also be notified via Facebook or Instagram private messages.
- The top 10 posts with the most likes will win US$50 Amazon vouchers each.
- The winners will receive the prizes stipulated in the individual Facebook/Instagram postings on the Contest. The prizes described are available at the date of publication.
- All entrants must comply with the prevailing Singapore Government guidelines on COVID-19 safe management measures and health protocols, and take all necessary safety precautions to prevent accidents or injuries, when preparing, taking and/or shooting the images/ videos for the Contest.
- JCU will use reasonable endeavours to contact the prize winners via contact details submitted upon entry of the Contest, and within two business days of the end of the Contest. If the contact details provided by the entrants are incorrect, JCU shall not be responsible for any failure in contacting the winner and another winner will be selected and notified as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Selected photos or videos will be used or featured in JCU’s digital channels and marketing collaterals, and the entrants expressly agree and consent to the collection, use, disclosure, reproduction and publication of such photos or videos by JCU.The prizes are not transferable, and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- If a prize is unavailable, JCU reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to substitute the prize with a prize of equal value and/or specification.
- JCU’s decision on the prize winners is final and conclusive, and binding on all entrants, and no appeal or inquiry will be entertained in relation to the conduct of the Contest or otherwise.
If the use of a prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the issuing party (including validity period thereof), any dispute arising in relation to the use or terms and conditions thereof must be resolved directly with the issuing party, and shall bear no responsibility for, or resolving, such disputes.
- Subject to these terms and conditions, JCU reserves the right, in its sole discretion and to the fullest extent permitted by the law, to (a) disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Contest, as appropriate.
- JCU is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information disclosed or published in good faith, or for any malfunction of equipment, or erroneous, or suspension or disruption of programming associated with or utilised in the Contest, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of the Contest. Accordingly, JCU assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of any entry.
- JCU shall not be liable for any death, injury, costs, expenses, loss or damage whatsoever (including indirect or consequential damage) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into or participating in the Contest or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation, non-receipt of any prize and damage to any prize in transit.
- By entering the Contest, each entrant represents that he/she is over the age of 18 years or, if under 18, the express consent of his/her parent(s) or legal guardian(s) for his/her participation in the Contest has been sought and obtained.
- Entry into the Contest signifies acceptance of all the terms and conditions herein.
JCU will not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than as set out in the Contest website, and will use its best endeavours to take all reasonable precautions to protect the personal data of all entrants in compliance with the Personal
All questions and comments on the Contest should be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org