The application process for International students is slightly more complex than for local students to meet particular legal requirements. There are also additional fees incurred to secure the necessary permits and certifications.
Via Online Application: Refer to How to Apply Online and Online Application Guideline for information. Once you have submitted your online application successfully, please continue with step 3.
Via Email: Email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed application form (for all programs) or Study Abroad Application Form (for Study Abroad or Exchange Programs)
- Application fee of SGD$250 (Non-Refundable)
- A copy of your highest academic certificate and transcript
- Provide IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson (PTE Academic), or Medium of Instruction in English for non-English speaking countries
- A copy of your passport
- 1 recent passport-size photograph
- A certified English translation must be provided if the documentation is not in English.
- Application cut-off date is at least 6 weeks before the course / program commencement date.
- Students seeking credit exemptions are required to provide a detailed subject synopsis of the related previous qualification.
Your application will be assessed based on the academic and English language entry requirements of your preferred program.
If your application is successful, you will receive a letter of offer, student contract, advisory note, student handbook, student handbook induction declaration form and instructions on student pass application. For a sample of the standard student contract, please refer to the CPE's website.
If your application is not successful, you will be notified by the admissions team and alternative options will be discussed.
JCU Singapore App
Download our JCU Singapore app via iOS App Store or Android Google play on your mobile to check on your application status. To log in, you will need your student ID (stated on your Letter of Offer) and your personal email address. Alternatively, you can check with the Admissions team.
Click here for instructions on letter of offer and student contract acceptance. All students should read the student contract thoroughly before signing the contract.
To accept the offer, please sign and return the advisory note, student contract and letter of offer to JCU Singapore at email@example.com.
The following documents are required for student pass application:
- A copy of eForm 16 and eForm V36 completed and signed
- A copy of applicant's official birth certificate
Additional documents as below are required if you are coming from a visa-required country, click ICA website to check if you need an entry visa to Singapore.
- A copy of bank statement/fixed deposit account(s)/ savings account(s)
- Employment letter for both parents and/or applicant(if applicable)
For more details on the checklist for student pass application please click here.
Upon receiving the completed document, JCU Singapore will apply for your student pass with Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA), Singapore. The general processing time for a new application is 2 to 4 weeks. Some applications may take a longer time to process.
Note: Student pass holders are not to be engaged in any form of employment or in any business, profession or occupation in Singapore whether paid or unpaid, without a valid work pass issued by Ministry of Manpower. Student pass holders are expected to have a minimum attendance rate of 90%.
Once your student pass application is approved, JCU Singapore will send you a copy of In-Principle Approval Letter (IPA) issued by ICA. The IPA serves as an entry visa to Singapore if you are from visa-required country.
The following information will also be provided for your preparation to travel to Singapore:
- Reporting and orientation Schedule
- Accommodation and airport pick up services
You may now proceed to make payment of the first installment as indicated in schedule B of your student contract. For payment details, please refer to the second page of your letter of offer.
If your student pass application is rejected, JCU Singapore will send you a copy of rejection letter issued by ICA. You may contact our admissions team for further details.
Once you arrive in Singapore, please report to JCU Singapore admissions office. You will need to complete administrative formalities. For more details, please refer to reporting and orientation schedule provided in Step 6.
Click here to find out more about living in Singapore.
Upon attending orientation, you will:
- Learn the information about enrolment
- Learn about the important administrative procedures
- Familiarization with campus facilities and services
- Learn the importance of attendance on campus
- Learn about your study plan and time table
- Understand the laws and regulations in Singapore
Start classes, take advantage of campus opportunities and transform your future!
Click here for your calendars & timetables.