The application process for International students is slightly more complex than for local students to meet particular legal requirements. There are also additional fees incurred to secure the necessary permits and certifications.
Please refer to Forms for Prospective Students for the respective documents. Please take note that some programs may require additional documents for assessment.
Via Online Application: Refer to How to Apply Online and Online Application Guideline for information. Once you have submitted your online application successfully, please continue with step 3.
Via Email: Email the following documents to email@example.com
- Completed General Application Form (for all programs) or Study Abroad Application Form (for Study Abroad Programs)
- Application fee of SGD$250 (Non-Refundable)
- A copy of your highest academic certificate and transcript
- Provide IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson (PTE Academic), or Medium of Instruction in English for non-English speaking countries
- A copy of your passport
- 1 recent passport-size photograph
For Higher Degree by Research applications, please also provide your latest CV/resume and two Academic Referee’s Reports.
- A certified English translation must be provided if the documentation is not in English.
- Application cut-off date is at least 6 weeks before the course commencement date.
- Students seeking credit exemptions are required to provide a detailed subject synopsis of the related previous qualification.
Your application will be assessed based on the academic and English language entry requirements of your preferred program.
If your application is successful, you will receive a letter of offer, student contract, advisory note, student handbook, student handbook induction declaration form and instructions on student pass application. For a sample of the standard student contract, please refer to the CPE's website.
If your application is not successful, you will be notified by the admissions team and alternative options will be discussed.
JCU Singapore App
Download our JCU Singapore app via iOS App Store or Android Google play on your mobile to check on your application status. To log in, you will need your student ID (stated on your Letter of Offer) and your personal email address. Alternatively, you can check with the Admissions team.
Click here for instructions on letter of offer and student contract acceptance. All students should read the student contract thoroughly before signing the contract.
To accept the offer, please sign and return the advisory note, student contract and letter of offer to our admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following documents are required for student pass application:
- A copy of eForm 16 and eForm V36 completed and signed
- A copy of applicant's official birth certificate
Additional documents below are required if you are coming from a visa-required country. Please check ICA website to check if you need an entry visa to Singapore.
- A copy of bank statement/fixed deposit account(s)/ savings account(s)
- Employment letter for both parents and/or applicant(if applicable)
For more details on the checklist for student pass application please click here.
Upon receiving the completed document, JCU will apply for your student pass with Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA), Singapore. The general processing time for a new application is 2 to 4 weeks. Some applications may take a longer time to process.
Note: Student pass holders are not to be engaged in any form of employment or in any business, profession or occupation in Singapore whether paid or unpaid, without a valid work pass issued by Ministry of Manpower. Student pass holders are expected to have a minimum attendance rate of 90%.
You will receive a copy of an In-Principle Approval Letter (IPA) issued by ICA once your student pass application is approved. The IPA serves as an entry visa to Singapore if you are from visa-required country.
The following information will also be provided for your preparation to travel to Singapore:
- Reporting and orientation Schedule
- Accommodation and airport pick up services
You may now proceed to make the payment as indicated in the First Trimester/Term Fee Payment Advice letter. For payment details, please refer to the second page of your letter of offer.
If your student pass application is rejected, you will receive a copy of rejection letter issued by ICA. You may contact our admissions team for further details.
Please report to our admissions office when you have arrived in Singapore. You will need to complete administrative formalities as stated in the reporting and orientation schedule provided in Step 6.
Please refer to Arrival in Singapore for more details.
Reporting and Orientation Week is scheduled one week before course commencement where you will be briefed on the following:
- Learn the information about enrolment
- Learn about the important administrative procedures
- Familiarization with campus facilities and services
- Learn the importance of attendance on campus
- Learn about your study plan and time table
- Understand the laws and regulations in Singapore
Start classes, take advantage of campus opportunities and transform your future!
For information on academic calendars and course timetables, please refer here.