Study Abroad Singapore - Study in Singapore
Study Abroad Singapore - Study in Singapore
Study at the Singapore campus of James Cook University while taking the opportunity to explore the rest of Asia in the midst of their high quality Australian education. Our Study Abroad Program enables you to study for 1 or 2 Trimesters (4 or 8 months), earning credits towards your home institution degree. As a study abroad student at James Cook University, you are able to choose subjects from a wide range of study areas that will add value to your degree and broaden your experience.
|JCUS STUDY ABROAD PROGRAM [1 TRIMESTER]||Apply Online|
|JCUS STUDY ABROAD PROGRAM [1 TRIMESTER] - POSTGRADUATE||Apply Online|
|JCUS STUDY ABROAD PROGRAM [2 TRIMESTERS]||Apply Online|
1. Experience lectures from the University ranked Top 2% in the World. Students who study at the Singapore campus of James Cook University get high quality Australian education.
2. Enjoy the best of both worlds in Singapore. The opportunity to enjoy a rich diversity of experiences and exciting lifestyle in one of the world’s leading business and financial hubs.
Singapore’s first language is English, therefore communication would pose less of a problem. Singapore is also a cosmopolitan city as well as a first class destination for higher education complemented with world renowned educational institutions. You will embark on a pedagogical journey that combines the best of global knowledge with the wisdom of Asian insights. At Singapore, you immerse yourself in the widest range of educational offerings & embrace a learning environment that is both inspiring and conducive. It is truly a place where you can enrich your mind and life.
Besides high quality education, Singapore is a comfortable environment to experience and adapt to Asian culture. Hence, it makes the perfect base for you to explore the rest of Asia.
|Undergraduate 1||Undergraduate 2||Postgraduate|
|Enrolment Period||March, July & November|
|Subjects Offered||Business, Information Technology & Psychology||Business, Information Technology|
|No. of Subjects||4||8||4|
|No. of Credits gained||12||24||12|
# Fees inclusive of Government Service Tax (GST)
* Note: 1 Credit = 2.5 ECTS
The Singapore campus of James Cook University has three trimesters, also known as study periods (SP).
SP51_intake starts in March
SP52_intake starts in July
SP53_intake starts in November
Study abroad students should only choose the subjects that are available/offered in their applied intake. At JCU, each subject has a value of 3 credit points (equivalent to 7.5 ECTS). A normal full time study load for a teaching period is four subjects (12 credit points or 30 ECTS).
You can view a full list of undergraduate or postgraduate subjects offered at the Singapore campus of James Cook University via the below links.
Alternatively you can use the Studyfinder to search by campus, by teaching period, by level of study, and by subject code prefixes. When results are shown, you can click on each subject to see a subject outline and prerequisites.
You can tell if a subject is 1st, 2nd and 3rd level by the first number in the subject code i.e. BU1002 is a level 1 subject while BU2008 is a level 2 subject and BU3102 is a level 3 subject. Most Study Abroad students can only study at 1st, 2nd and 3rd levels depending if prerequisites are met.
- SP51: March intake
- SP52: July intake
- SP53: November intake
- Available subjects in individual intake are ticked or indicated as D/E in the Study Plan
To get information of individual subject and its pre-requisite, please search for subject code mentioned in the above Study Plan via our StudyFinder.
On your Application Form, you should list between six to twelve subjects, and ensure the subjects are available, in the Study Period you prefer (SP51, SP52 or SP53). To gain credit for specific subjects at your home university, you will need to liaise with academic advisors at your home university to make sure that the subjects you wish to study at JCU will transfer back as official credits. Subjects that are submitted on the JCU Study Abroad application form are sent to JCU academic advisors for approval based on meeting prerequisites. You will be notified of the outcome in your Letter of Offer.
|Country of citizenship||Academic entry requirements||English entry requirements|
|Canada||Successful completion of post-secondary studies with a minimum cumulative average of 63% or above.||Bachelor Degree; or equivalent||Not applicable in most cases.|
|Denmark||Successful completion of one semester (six months) of study at a recognised higher education institution in Denmark or successful completion of Studentereksamen, Højere forberedelseseksamen or Højere handelseksamen or Hojere Tekniskeksamen.||Bachelor Degree; or equivalent||Not applicable in most cases, providing students have studied through the Danish education system.|
|Germany||Successful completion of one semester (six months) of study at a recognised German university with an overall grade of Pass or successful completion of Abitur, Fachhochschulreif or Reifezeugnis.||Bachelor Degree; or equivalent||Academic IELTS or TOEFL; or Abitur/Allgemeine Hochschulreife or Zeugnis der Fachhochsculreife with 2 (gut) or better in English as a Basic course or Abitur/Allgemeine Hochschulreife or Zeugnis der Fachhochsculreife with 3 (befriedigend) or better in English as a Intensified course (“Leistungskurs”) or DAAD English language test – overall result of B (good) in all four parts of the DAAD language test (the test should not be older than two years).|
|Netherlands||Successful completion of ‘Voorbereidend Wetenschappelijk Onderwijs’ Diploma; or ‘Hoger Algemeen Voortgezet Onderwijs’ Diploma.||Bachelor Degree; or equivalent||Academic IELTS or TOEFL; or grade 6 (pass or voldoende) or better in English in the Voorbereidend Wetenschappelijk Ondersijs (VWO) Diploma or ‘Hoger Algemeen Voortgezet Onderwijs’ (HAVO) Diploma.|
|Norway||Successful completion of at least one semester (six months) of study at a recognised higher education institution in Norway; or Successful completion of Norwegian Vi tnemal fra den Videregaende Skolen with a minimum GPA of 3.5.||Bachelor Degree; or equivalent||Academic IELTS or TOEFL; or grade of 4 or better in any English subject in the Vitnemål fra den Videregående Skolen.|
|Sweden||Successful completion of Upper Secondary School (Slutbetyg) or Kommunavuxenutbildnung or ‘Komvux’ (adult education) if coming directly from high school with a minimum GPA of 12.||Bachelor Degree; or equivalent||Academic IELTS or TOEFL; or grade of VG or above in the Slutbetyg or Kommunavuxenutbildnung or ‘Komvux’.|
|United States||Satisfactory completion (a pass) of one year at a recognised university or other post-secondary institution at date of application - minimum GPA of 2.8 (all students with a GPA between 2.5 and 2.7 will also be considered for the study abroad program). Students from Freshman Year are considered on a case-by-case basis. or successful completion of High School Diploma or equivalent with SAT score of 1000; or an ACT score of 22.||Bachelor Degree; or equivalent||Not applicable in most cases.|
For entry requirement of countries not listed in the above list, please contact us at email@example.com
English Language Requirements
If your native language is not English, you may be required to demonstrate English proficiency by sitting a recognised test of your English language ability. The minimum English language proficiency requirement for the Study Abroad program is:
|Test||Required (Undergraduate & Postgraduate)|
|IELTS||6.0 (no component lower than 6.0)|
|TOEFL (internet based)||74 (no component less than 18)|
|Pearson (PTE Academic)||52 (no component less than 52)|
If you meet the academic requirements but not the English language requirement, you can receive a packaged offer to study English prior to your semester at JCU.
Admissions Documents Checklist – International applicants
Step 1 Submitting an Application
- Completed Application Form
- Certified academic transcript*, certificate and IELTS/TOEFL English language scores if required.
- A clear copy of passport
- A non-refundable application fee of S$321
*Please note: all academic transcripts must be accompanied by the grading scale/key used at the institution where the previous studies were undertaken.
Step 2 Receiving Letter of Offer and Student Contract
- Read Student Induction Pack and sign the Declaration Form of Student Induction Pack and Advisory Note
- Understand the student contract including polices, course details, payment advice and etc
- Sign Acceptance of Payment Form and sign student contract
- Finalize subject selection by confirming and signing the Subject Pre-approval Form for early enrolment (applicable to Study Abroad students only)
Step 3 Student Pass Application Documentation
- Complete the Student Pass Forms in details (i.e. fill all entries in dd/mm/yyyy wherever such a format is required)
- A copy of passport sized photo in WORD document (not in pdf file)
- A copy of original birth certificate and a copy of English translation of the birth certificate with notarization
- A non-refundable International Student Registration Fee of S$856/Full Degree student or S$321/Study Abroad student. Please note this fee will be paid together with tuition fees installments and no upfront payment is required before course commencement.
Step 4 Receiving IPA Letter and Preparing for Departure
- Print out the In-Principle Approval Letter from Singapore Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA)
- Log on to Facilities Booking Online System to request for Airport Pick-up and Accommodation Arrangement using your JCUS ID (stated in your student contract) and birthday.
1. What are certified copies of documents?
A certified copy means a stamped photocopy signed by a public notary, institution representative or authorized JCU agent/representative as being a true and accurate record of the original document. If documentation is in a language other than English and official certified translation must be included and translated by the issuing institution or by an official translating service.
2. How to make payment?
- Bank draft/cheque
- Electronic Fund Transfer
- Credit Card
- Cash : due to the cost of courses this method is not recommended
- International payment through Western Union Business Solutions Payment
At the Singapore campus of James Cook University, we use the Western Union Business Solutions payment portal for making your international tuition fee payments. This is a faster, more reliable way for you to pay. You can pay from your bank account with a telegraphic transfer, or use a credit card.
Log onto https://student.globalpay.wu.com/geo-buyer/jcusingapore to make your payment. Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5 Reasons to use Western Union Business Solutions payment portal
- It’s easy to use and you can make your payment faster.
- Save money by choosing a telegraphic transfer from your bank. There are no transfer charges from Western Union Business Solutions for this type of payment.
- You can use your own currency and still be sure that your full payment amount will be made in Singapore dollars.
- Once you make the payment, the exchange rate is locked in for 72 hours, making sure that the full amount is paid.
- You get peace of mind, knowing that your payment will arrive in full, on time, without any extra charges or delays.
5 Steps to making your payment
- Enter your student information.
- Enter your payment amount in Singapore dollars
- Choose your country & currency* Credit/Debit card for China only - enter your card details, choose your local currency* and make payment on our partner website
- Enter the details of the person making the payment and print your bank transfer instructions.
- Complete your payment at your local bank branch or with online banking using the printed instructions.
Access the international student payment portal
*due to international banking regulations transactions in some currencies are not available. If your currency does not appear as an option, please select an alternative currency such as USD$.
1. Singapore Council for Private Education (CPE)
2. Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE)
3. Singapore Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA)
4. Public Transportation
5. National Library Board (NLB)