James Cook University, Singapore - 20th Anniversary Art Competition
James Cook University, Singapore - 20th Anniversary Art Competition
Terms and Conditions
By entering the JCU 20th Anniversary Art Competition ("Art Competition"), participants (collectively, the "Participants" and each a "Participant") agree to abide by the following terms and conditions ("T&Cs"):
- The Art Competition is organised by the Singapore campus of James Cook University Pte. Ltd. ("JCUS" or "Organiser"), having its registered office at 149 Sims Drive, Singapore 387380.
- The Art Competition is open to current students, staff and alumni of JCU, Singapore.
- Each Participant may only submit one entry ("Entry"). Multiple Entries will not be accepted.
- A valid Entry must be based on the Art Competition theme of Celebrating Diversity and may be in physical or digital format in compliance with the specifications stated at jcu.sg/jcc2023.
- All Entries must be submitted to the Corporate Reception of JCUS within the competition period which runs from 22 May 2023 (Monday) to 14 July 2023 (Friday), 4pm (GMT +8) ("Competition Period"). Entries submitted before or after the Competition Period will not be accepted.
- By submitting an Entry to the Art Competition, each Participant (a) confirms that he/she has read, understood and agreed to be bound by these T&Cs, including any amendments thereto; and (b) acknowledges and agrees that the Organiser shall own all rights, title and interest in and to the Entry and its associated intellectual property, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark and any other applicable intellectual property rights, from the time of submission of the Entry without compensation to the Participant.
- If the Entry submitted to the Organiser includes the image of an individual ("Subject"), the Participant represents and warrants that he/she has obtained all necessary consents, releases and permissions from the Subject, including but not limited to the right to use, reproduce, copy and display the image of the Subject in connection with the Entry. The Participant agrees to provide the Organiser with a copy of such consent upon request. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Organiser shall not be liable for any claims, demands, damages, liabilities, proceedings, suits, actions, losses, costs or expenses (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) arising out of any infringement or violation of the Subject’s rights in connection with the Entry.
- The Organiser reserves the right to display the Entry, in whole or in part, on its property or any other location of its choosing, including, but not limited to, online platforms, social media, websites, exhibitions and promotional materials, without providing any compensation or royalties to the Participant.
- The Organiser may, at its sole discretion, modify, alter, or create derivative work based on the Entry, without seeking prior permission from the Participant, and without providing any compensation or royalties to the Participant.
- JCUS’ decision on the Competition winners is final and conclusive, and binding on all Participants, and no appeal or inquiry will be entertained in relation to the conduct of the Art Competition or otherwise.
- The five winning Entries will receive S$1000 in prize money each. The prizes are not transferable and not negotiable.
- JCUS may in its sole and absolute discretion substitute, withdraw and/or cancel any prizes or make changes to the value and/or number of prizes at any time without prior notice or providing any reasons.
- The winners will be announced at a celebratory event on JCUS campus in August 2023. Photos and recording will be taken during the event for news and various publicity purposes, and the Participant agrees to cooperate and participate in such publicity activities if required by JCUS.
- JCUS may, but is not obliged to, provide proper attribution to the Participant as the creator of the Entry wherever feasible and appropriate but this shall not be construed as a requirement or obligation, and the Participant consents to the disclosure of the Participant’s name and particulars of his/her Entry.
- All Participants must comply with the prevailing Singapore Government guidelines and take all necessary safety precautions to prevent accidents or injuries, when creating the Entry for the Art Competition.
- JCUS will use reasonable endeavours to contact the Competition winners via contact details provided upon submission of the Entry. If the contact details provided by any Participant are incorrect, JCUS shall not be responsible for any failure in contacting the winner and another winner will be selected and notified as set out in these T&Cs.
- Subject to these T&Cs, JCUS reserves the right, in its sole discretion and to the fullest extent permitted by law, to (a) disqualify any Participant or Entry, forfeit and/or reclaim any prize at any time if JCUS deems that there has been a breach of the T&Cs by any winner, whether discovered during or after the Competition Period; or (b) subject to any written directions from any regulatory authority, modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Art Competition, as appropriate.
- JCUS is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information disclosed or published in good faith, or for any malfunction of equipment, or erroneous, or suspension or disruption of programming associated with or utilised in the Art Competition, or for any technical error that may occur during the administration of the Art Competition. Accordingly, JCUS assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of any Entry.
- To the fullest extent permissible under law, JCUS shall not be liable for any liability, injury, costs, expenses, loss or damage whatsoever (including indirect or consequential damage) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into or participating in the Art Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation, disqualification of Entries, delay or non-receipt of any prize and damage to any prize in transit.
- Each Participant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless JCUS, its officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates from and against any claims, demands, damages, liabilities, proceedings, suits, actions, losses and expenses (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) arising out of, or related to, any infringement or violation of intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party (including the Subject), in connection with the Entry, or any use of the Entry by JCUS and/or any breach of the T&Cs by the Participant.
- By entering the Art Competition, each Participant represents and warrants that (a) he/she is over the age of 18 years or, if under 18, the express consent of his/her parent(s) or legal guardian(s) for his/her participation in the Art Competition has been sought and obtained; (b) the Entry is original, and the Participant is the creator of and no other party is the owner of the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the Entry prior to and at the time of the submission; (c) the Entry has not been used for commercial purposes, published previously or submitted for other contests, locally or abroad; and (d) he/she is not in violation of any law or regulations by entering the Art Competition.
- Entries which contain vulgarities or inappropriate language, or are deemed to be abusive, defamatory, obscene, repugnant or otherwise inappropriate in the sole and absolute opinion of the Organiser will be disqualified.
- JCUS assumes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected Entries.
- Entry into the Art Competition signifies acceptance of all the T&Cs herein.
- These T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and all Participants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
All questions and comments on the Art Competition should be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected]