(SP52 2019 Dean’s List recipients with staff from James Cook University in Singapore)
James Cook University values excellence, and believes that knowledge has the power to change lives. One of the biggest accomplishments for a student in James Cook University in Singapore is to land a spot on the Dean’s List. The Dean’s List is an honorary roll assigned to top students to recognise a high level of scholarship. In order to be on the Dean’s List, a student must have a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.25 or higher.
For example, the SP52 2019 Dean’s List ceremony, which was held on Monday 13 January 2020, recognised 99 students — across various courses and nationalities — for their academic excellence.
To congratulate the outstanding students, the event was joined by staff from James Cook University in Singapore, including:
- Professor Chris Rudd OBE – Deputy Vice Chancellor and Head of Campus, Singapore
- Professor Abhishek Bhati – Campus Dean and Head of Teaching, Learning and Student Engagement
- Dr Jonathan Ramsay – Head of Academic Group for Psychology & Education, and Senior Lecturer in Psychology
- Dr K. Thirumaran – Head of Academic Group for Business, IT & Science, and Senior Lecturer in Business, IT & Science
- Dr Denise Dillon – Associate Dean of Research and Research Education (ADRE), and Senior Lecturer in Psychology
- Ms M.S. Shanti – Director of Admissions, Academic Services and Progressions Department
- Dr Louise Gwenneth Phillips SFHEA – Associate Professor in Education
- Dr Geoff McNulty – Senior Lecturer in Education (Guidance and Counselling)
- Ms Gandhimathi Sundrum – Head of Department, Foundation & Diploma Program
Professor Bhati reminded students of a special responsibility in accepting to be on the Dean’s List, that they “must find a ‘Twin’ — that is, a fellow student to help who may be struggling in their academic journey.”
Extraordinarily, three students were acknowledged at the SP52 2019 Dean’s List ceremony for being on the Dean’s List seven times:
- Rachel Tay Wan Ying
- Toh Jian Hui
- Tay Mei Shan, Gracie
Getting on the Dean’s List is a great personal achievement, and requires hard work and determination. James Cook University hopes that the Dean’s List students find ongoing success as they work towards their academic and career goals. At the same time, may students of James Cook University continue to strive for exceptional performance.
Check out more photos of the SP52 2019 Dean’s List ceremony here.
Academic matters: Professor Abhishek Bhati firstname.lastname@example.org
Media: Pinky Sibal email@example.com