Dr. Divjyot Kaur
(+65) 6709 3741
FAX (+65) 6709 3889
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), National University of Singapore, 2002 – 2009
- Master of Social Sciences (Applied Psychology), National University of Singapore, 1998 – 2002
- Masters in Child Development, M.S.University, 1991-1993
- Master of Education, Punjab University, 1996–1997
Divjyot has been in the field of education for the last 15 years, teaching at various educational levels. She specialised in Child Development in India, which sparked her desire to pursue Psychology when she moved to Singapore in 1997. She embarked on her post graduate education at the National University of Singapore, completing her Ph.D in 2009.
Divjyot has previously worked closely with children with special needs in special school settings. She continues to make some contribution towards serving these children by being involved in clinical work at a local hospital.
Divjyot’s doctorate research focused on ethnic differences in cardiovascular reactivity (CVR) to stress. She examined differences in CVR across Chinese, Malay, and Indian participants in Singapore. Her study also explored differences in CVR across Indians living in Singapore and Indians in India.
Her research interests span both her academic and clinical experiences
- Stress and emotion across cultures
- Job stress and its implications in globally diverse organizations
- Acculturation and its relation to physical health indicators
- Psycho-social interventions for stress and anger management
- Literacy skills and learning disabilities
- Autism and other developmental disorders
- Coping with disability related stress