Ms. Kanwaljit Kaur
- Degree & Masters Courses & Study in Singapore
- Study at JCU
- Current Students
- The Singapore campus of James Cook University
- Why Study at James Cook University
- Statement of Strategic Intent
- Facts & figures
- Professional Recognition
- Message from the VC
- Message from the DVC
- Board of Directors
- Advisory Board Members
- Annual Report
- Organisation structure
- Examination board
- Our Quality Management Framework
- Our resources
- Staff Profiles
- Applying and Enrolment
- JCUS Student Code of Conduct
- Staff Email
- Facilities Booking
- Merit Scholarships
- JCU Graduation
- LearnJCU Help Guides
- Tropical Futures Institute
- Move-Up Scholarships for Current Students
- JCU Success Workshops
- Annual Report 2020
- Clubs & Societies Redirect
- LC APA 7th Resources Redirect
Ms. Kanwaljit Kaur
- Master of Business Administration, JCU Singapore 2011-2012
- BSC (ECONS) in Management Studies, University of London (2nd Class Upper Honours), 1988-1990
- Diploma in Management Studies, Singapore Institute of Management, 1984-1985
Ms Kaur has about 40 years of work experience in a variety of appointments. She spent 9 years as an officer in the Republic of Singapore Air Force, Ministry of Defence. Upon completion of her contract, she worked in sales and marketing before embarking on an academic career.
She has about 25 years of teaching experience and has held the position of Senior Lecturer and Head of Department at Thames Business School. She handled a full range of academic and administrative duties, overseeing a staff pool of about 10 full-time lecturers and 30 part time staff.
As part of her academic career to date, she has worked with external academic bodies, in particular, UCLES (University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate), LCCI and University of Wales.
Ms Kaur commenced her career with James Cook University in Feb 2008, teaching in the undergraduate business program. She then moved on to a management position, looking after the interests of all sessional teaching staff. From 2011, she returned to her teaching duties, lecturing in Economics and English Fundamentals 2 in the Foundation Program. She further expanded her teaching role by tutoring in Principles of Economics in the Business degree program.
Currently, on a full teaching career path.