Ms. Tracey Waldron
Teacher English Language Preparatory Program
- Masters of Science in TESOL(MSc), University of Edinburgh, 2011 – 2012
- Diploma in TESOL, University of Edinburgh, 2011 – 2012
- Bachelor of Science, Honours in Psychology (BSc Hons) University of Sunderland
Tracey has extensively worked with a variety of ages and levels of students in Asia throughout her teaching career. Starting in Tokyo, Japan she worked with adults and students in Conversational English, Business English, Test Preparation, and Intensive English classes. Moving to Seoul in South Korea, she focussed on young learners and developed programmes and taught classes for pre-school and elementary school English classes in reading, writing and communication skills.
Upon moving to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, she designed curriculum and taught classes for high school students to prepare for university entrance in English as an Additional Language classes as well as communication classes to promote integrated skills development. Taking up a position at a university in Malaysia enabled her to gain experience in English for Academic Purposes as well as teach on the Foundation and Diploma Programmes in Academic Skills and Critical Thinking.
She believes in creating independent learners and promotes the development of critical thinking skills in the classroom through the application of authentic materials and real world issues through the application of critical literacy. We live in a competitive and global world so learners must be equipped with more than just the material provided in the classroom, they need to become self-sufficient and have the opportunity to develop thinking skills and gain a better understanding of the world we live in.
- Critical thinking and its application to the English Language classroom
- Critical Literacy to develop awareness and understanding of issues happening in the world
- Teacher Education through innovation, and Cognitive Dissonance in the application of Learners