Professor Abhishek Singh Bhati
Head (Singapore) Learning, Teaching and Student Engagement
Vice President (Regional) International Tourism Studies Association
(+65) 6709 3710
FAX (+65) 6709 3889
- Doctor of Philosophy (Tourism Management), James Cook University, 2010 – 2014;
- MBA (Marketing Management), Maastricht School of Management, 1994 – 1996;
- Graduate Certificate in Education (Tertiary Teaching), James Cook University, 2012 – 2014
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics), Bombay University, 1991 – 1994:
- Diploma in Adult and Continuous Education (DACE), Institute of Adult Learning, 2018.
As Campus Dean JCU Singapore, Abhishek contributes to JCU’s Tropical Asian initiatives. His efforts guide the learning, student experience and teaching and academic governance of programs offered in JCU Singapore. Abhishek Bhati’s research investigates resilience planning in tourism, sustainable development of cities and scholarship of learning and teaching. In particular, he is interested in technology and the role it has as a catalyst for tourism industry changes; “Smart City” as a mechanism for future sustainable development; and the need for tourism to deliver United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Recent projects he has conducted have studied tourist vandalism and effectiveness of stakeholder responses to tourism developments. Prof Bhati’s other projects include incorporating ‘work integrated learning’ (WIL) based learning strategies in tertiary education.
He has been successful in securing collaborative grant with Office of Learning and Teaching (OLT), Australian Learning and Teaching Council (ALTC), external industry grant and several internal research grants. His current research interest is tourist behaviour management, resilience planning and scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
- Tourist behaviour management
- Smart technologies and sustainable tourism
- Resilience planning in tourism
- Scholarship of learning and teaching