Mr. James King
Teacher English Language Preparatory Program
(+65) 6709 3865
FAX (+65) 6455 2833
- MA Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, Sheffield Hallam University, 2015
- Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, Sheffield Hallam University, 2012
- Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults, Cambridge English, 2007-2008
- Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults, Cambridge English, 2004
- BA (Hons) Social Sciences, Nottingham Trent University, 1995-1998
James is a teacher with considerable experience teaching English in Asia. Over 20 years, he has worked in Pakistan, Taiwan, China, South Korea, Vietnam, and now Singapore. He has taught a range of courses, including general and business English, IELTS and O-Level exam preparation, and English for academic purposes.
He holds a diploma and an MA in TESOL from Sheffield Hallam University, and has both a certificate and a diploma in teaching English to adults from Cambridge English. He worked at the British Council Singapore for ten years, and, aside from his teaching duties, was involved in curriculum design and development, and teacher training workshops. He also taught on external contracts at INSEAD Business School, the French School of Singapore, and Apple. He has presented at conferences in Japan and Myanmar.
His aim is for his students to communicate in English to the best of their abilities, and for them to understand and meet the conventions of academia.
Academic listening, metacognition, the teaching of formulaic sequences.