Master of Information Technology (Majoring in Computing)
Master of Information Technology (Majoring in Computing)
In the expanding e-Business/e-Commerce industry, there is a growing global demand for graduates skilled with a mix of marketing, management, internet, multimedia, computing, networking, software technologies and business operation skills.
Our Master of Information Technology program provides practical and relevant skills to allow graduates of different disciplines to move into the IT industry
The Computing major is designed for information technology and computer science graduates and recognised IT professionals who seek to further their knowledge and skills in advanced computing, programming, information systems and networking.
Our Master of Information Technology program is an IT course that is fully accredited by the Australian Computer Society at the ‘Professional Level’ (its highest level).
As an IT student, you will be entitled to membership with two professional bodies: The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Singapore Computer Society (SCS).
This course is composed of 16 subjects including core subjects and elective as per the study plan.
- Internet Fundamentals
- Problem Solving and Programming I
- Database Modelling
- Web Design and Development or e-Strategic Management
Core Subjects (All majors)
- ICT Project 1: Analysis and Design
- ICT Project 2: Implementation and Commissioning
- Advanced E-Security
Core Subjects (Major specific)
- Advanced Mobile Technology
- Advanced Data Communication Principles
- Data Mining
- Advanced Human Computer Interaction
- Advanced Algorithm Analysis
4 elective subjects
For a comprehensive listing and outline of the respective course subjects, please click here
- Successful completion of study equivalent to an Australian undergraduate bachelor award.
- Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of IELTS 6.5 (no component lower than 6.0) / TOEFL (Internet Based) 86 (no component less than 21) / Pearson PTE Academic 58 (no component less than 54); or
- Satisfactory completion of James Cook University Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP); or
- Successful completion of other qualifications completed in English Language deemed comparable to Australian standards within the last two years on a case-by-case basis
Advanced Standing from 4 of the Foundation subjects can be considered for:
- Applicants with a minimum 4 years full-time equivalent professional work experience in information and communication sector.
- Applicants with undergraduate degree from cognate discipline such as IT Cognate disciplines: Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or other disciplines where students will have completed study relating to information and communication technologies.*
*Not applicable for joint degree programs.
Advanced standing can also be considered for:
- Applicants with a four-year relevant undergraduate program
- Previous tertiary study where appropriate
International students holding a valid Student's Pass are required to attend at least 90% of scheduled classes per month. Failure to attend classes is a breach of the student visa conditions. Being absent from classes for a continuous period of seven days or more, or attendance falling below 90% without valid reasons will result in the student needing to surrender their Student's Pass for cancellation.
Domestic students must attend at least 75% of the scheduled lecture and tutorial activities to be eligible for assessment.
Depending on the major, the Master of Information Technology equips students with skills for a career in a variety of settings. They can operate as software, database or administration consultants or project managers for IT, education, research and system development projects.
As an IT student you are entitled to membership with two professional bodies: The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Singapore Computer Society (SCS).
Prospective students can contact our friendly staff at email@example.com to find out more about application closing dates, assessment information, visa requirements, pre-arrival services and living in Singapore.
*Fees apply to all Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding those holding a Student Pass)
Note: All course fees include prevailing 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Note: International students in Singapore on a Student Pass are not permitted to work. For more information please visit http://www.ica.gov.sg.
James Cook University is EduTrust Certified. The EduTrust certification scheme is administered by the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). EduTrust requires all students to be covered under a Fee Protection Scheme. In James Cook University, this is provided through an insurance protection scheme. Further, EduTrust also requires that the students must be covered under a medical insurance coverage which has provision for hospitalisation, surgery and treatment costs throughout their course duration. James Cook University will advise in the Standard Student Contract the total amount of insurance payable.
For more details please visit the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) website: www.cpe.gov.sg
Although James Cook University endeavours to ensure the accuracy of this information, there is no guarantee it will remain accurate all year. Applicants are advised to confirm program details with the appropriate school before making an application.