There is a growing demand for graduates skilled in a range of Information Technologies. In addition, there is worldwide demand for graduates with critical business skills and acumen to fully leverage these technical skills into profitable products and services.
This joint degree provides a path for IT graduates seeking to move into the IT and management area. The objective is to provide theory and practical skills in accounting, financial management, marketing, operations management, e-business technologies, multimedia, programming, networking and software development.
- Prepares students for management responsibilities and career advancement
- Enables students to work more effectively in multidisciplinary teams
- Better equips students to use their IT skills to achieve organisation goals
- A relevant curriculum designed to meet the unique business needs
- Formal business and management education that enhances students’ research, report preparation, presentation and people skills
March, July, November
16 months full time
4 trimesters per year (normally 4 subjects per trimester)
Students need to complete 16 subjects including electives as per the study plan.
- ICT Project 1: Analysis and Design
- ICT Project 2: Implementation and Commissioning
- E-Business Technologies or Advanced Human Computer Interaction
- Enterprise Database Systems - Oracle or Advanced Data Communications Principles
- Advanced E-Security
- Data Mining
- The Changing Business Environment or International Political Economy
- Economics for a Sustainable World
- Managing Strategic Resources and Operations
- Corporate Responsibility and Governance
- Marketing and Customer Engagement or Marketing Management
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Leading and Managing Organisational Change
- Applied Research Project
Plus two elective subjects
- Successful completion of study equivalent to an Australian undergraduate bachelor award.
- Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of IELTS 6.5 (no component lower than 6.0) / TOEFL (Internet Based) 86 (no component less than 21) / Pearson PTE Academic 58 (no component less than 54); or
- Satisfactory completion of James Cook University Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP); or
- Successful completion of other qualifications completed in English Language deemed comparable to Australian standards within the last two years on a case-by-case basis
For further information email email@example.com
Advanced Standing from 4 of the Foundation subjects can be considered for:
- Applicants with a minimum 4 years full-time equivalent professional work experience in information and communication sector.
- Applicants with undergraduate degree from cognate discipline such as IT Cognate disciplines: Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or other disciplines where students will have completed study relating to information and communication technologies.*
*Not applicable for joint degree programs.
Advanced standing can also be considered for:
- Applicants with a four-year relevant undergraduate program
- Previous tertiary study where appropriate
International students holding a valid Student's Pass are required to attend at least 90% of scheduled classes per month. Failure to attend classes is a breach of the student visa conditions. Being absent from classes for a continuous period of seven days or more, or attendance falling below 90% without valid reasons will result in the student needing to surrender their Student's Pass for cancellation.
Domestic students must attend at least 75% of the scheduled lecture and tutorial activities to be eligible for assessment.
The joint masters program prepares students for a broad range of careers in management, science or as specialist consultants.
*Fees apply to all Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding those holding a Student Pass)
Note: All course fees include prevailing 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Download the IT brochure here.
Note: International students in Singapore on a Student Pass are not permitted to work. For more information please visit http://www.ica.gov.sg.
James Cook University is EduTrust Certified. The EduTrust certification scheme is administered by the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
EduTrust requires all students to be covered under a Fee Protection Scheme. In James Cook University, this is provided through an insurance protection scheme. Further, EduTrust also
requires that the students must be covered under a medical insurance coverage which has provision for hospitalisation, surgery and treatment costs throughout their course duration.
James Cook University will advise in the Standard Student Contract the total amount of insurance payable.
For more details please visit the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) website: www.cpe.gov.sg
Although James Cook University endeavours to ensure the accuracy of this information, there is no guarantee it will remain accurate all year. Applicants are advised to confirm program details with the appropriate school before making an application.