Graduate Diploma of Psychology
Graduate Diploma of Psychology
The Graduate Diploma of Psychology provides fourth year training in Psychology for students who have completed an accredited 3 year undergraduate psychology program. Upon completion of this program students will be eligible for provisional registration with the Psychology Board of Australia.
Graduates of this course who wish to become fully registered as psychologists must complete, in addition to this course, two years of supervised practice in the field or an accredited Master's degree (e.g. Master of Psychology) which includes one year of supervised practice.
This program is accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC).
3 trimesters per year
Students are required to complete 6 core subjects (24 credit points) based on availability and scheduling.
- Group Project Part 1 of 2
- Group Project Part 2 of 2
- Ethics for research and professional evidence-based practice
- Design and Analysis for Research
- Operationalising the Scientific Practitioner Model
- Psychology: Now and the Future
- Completion of a bachelor degree that includes an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council approved three-year sequence in Psychology completed within the past 10 years; and
- A minimum of a credit average in all level 2 and 3 Psychology subjects taken as part of that degree; or
- Other qualifications recognised by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor of the Division of Tropical Health and Medicine as equivalent to the above.
For further information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of IELTS 6 (no component lower than 6.0) / TOEFL (Internet Based) 74 (no component less than 18) / Pearson PTE Academic 52 (no component less than 52); or
- Satisfactory completion of James Cook University Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP); or
- Successful completion of other qualifications completed in English Language deemed comparable to Australian standards within the last two years on a case-by-case basis
|S$ 21,186||S$ 21,828|
*Fees apply to all Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding those holding a Student Pass)
Note: All course fees include prevailing 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Note: International students in Singapore on a Student Pass are not permitted to work. For more information please visit http://www.ica.gov.sg.
James Cook University is EduTrust Certified. The EduTrust certification scheme is administered by the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). EduTrust requires all students to be covered under a Fee Protection Scheme. In James Cook University, this is provided through an insurance protection scheme. Further, EduTrust also requires that the students must be covered under a medical insurance coverage which has provision for hospitalisation, surgery and treatment costs throughout their course duration. James Cook University will advise in the Standard Student Contract the total amount of insurance payable.
For more details please visit the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) website: www.cpe.gov.sg
Although James Cook University endeavours to ensure the accuracy of this information, there is no guarantee it will remain accurate all year. Applicants are advised to confirm program details with the appropriate school before making an application.