Graduate Certificate of Psychological Science
Graduate Certificate of Psychological Science
James Cook University’s Graduate Certificate of Psychological Science provides broad-based psychological knowledge and skills to facilitate academic and career transitions.
The programme is designed for first degree holders in areas other than psychology who wish to either widen their skillset or embark on further postgraduate study in the psychological sciences. Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate of Psychological Science allows individuals from a non-psychology background to enrol in James Cook University’s Master of Psychological Science (Majoring in Business Psychology).
Students can expect thorough and efficient coverage of major areas of psychology, as well as a firm grounding in analytic and research methods. The programme has a strong focus on application of theory to problem-solving across a range of industries and professions.
3 trimesters per year
Students are required to complete 4 subjects (12 credit points):
- Biological, Behavioural, and Cognitive Psychology
- Social and Organisational Psychology
- Individual Differences and Lifespan Development
- Foundations of Research Methods and Statistics
For a comprehensive listing and outline of the respective course subjects, please click here.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Completion of an AQF level 7 bachelor degree in any field other than psychology at this or another university.
- Information published by JCU or otherwise made available to students when applying, may specify additional criteria to be considered in ranking applicants in order of merit if the number of applications exceeds a quota or other limit on the places made available for the course. Information provided by applicants during the application process and any other information obtained by JCU in the application process may be used by JCU to rank applicants in order of merit by reference to those additional criteria.
For further information please email us at [email protected]
- Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of IELTS 6 (no component lower than 6.0) / TOEFL (Internet Based) 74 (no component less than 18) / Pearson PTE Academic 52 (no component less than 52); or
- Satisfactory completion of James Cook University Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP); or
- Successful completion of other qualifications completed in English Language deemed comparable to Australian standards on a case-by-case basis in accordance to JCU admissions guidelines.
The Graduate Certificate of Psychological Science equips learners with psychological knowledge and skills that can be applied in many professional settings. The programme also enables entry to Master’s programmes requiring a cognate Bachelor degree for entry, such as James Cook University’s Master of Psychological Science (Majoring in Business Psychology).
|S$ 12,960||S$ 13,392|
*Fees apply to all Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding those holding a Student Pass)
- All course fees include the corresponding Singapore Goods and Services Tax (GST), which is 8% in 2023.
- There will be an increase of GST in 2024 to 9%, hence this will affect the total tuition fees.
- The details of the instalment breakdown will be provided in your Student Contract. Please contact us for further details.
Note: International students in Singapore on a Student Pass are not permitted to work. For more information please visit http://www.ica.gov.sg.
James Cook University is EduTrust Certified. The EduTrust certification scheme is administered by the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). EduTrust requires all students to be covered under a Fee Protection Scheme. In James Cook University, this is provided through an insurance protection scheme. Further, EduTrust also requires that the students must be covered under a medical insurance coverage which has provision for hospitalisation, surgery and treatment costs throughout their course duration. James Cook University will advise in the Standard Student Contract the total amount of insurance payable.
For more details please visit the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) website: www.cpe.gov.sg
Although James Cook University endeavours to ensure the accuracy of this information, there is no guarantee it will remain accurate all year. Applicants are advised to confirm program details with the appropriate school before making an application.
View our upcoming events
Download the Psychology brochure here.