Bachelor of Arts (Majoring in Psychology Studies)
Bachelor of Arts (Majoring in Psychology Studies)
The Bachelor of Arts is an undergraduate course consisting of 24 subjects. The course combines study from a range of disciplines. You are encouraged to develop critical thinking, problem solving, communication, and research skills for successful study. You can craft a varied course of study that maximizes your ability to meet the changing demands of employers.
This major is designed to give students a deeper understanding of the biological, social and cultural factors which influence how humans think, feel and behave. This major is offered to students who want an understanding of psychology to combine with another area of study. Students wishing to register as psychologists should instead take our Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accredited Bachelor of Psychological Science course.
|BA Course Structure|
|Core Subjects (Level 1)|
|+ Core Subject (Level 3): Arts Edge|
|+ Options: Select 6 Arts and Social Sciences subjects of Level 1, 2 or 3|
|+ Anthropology: Cultural Diversity in Global Perspective|
|+ Select 2 level 3 Arts and Social Science subjects|
|+ Select the Psychology Studies major (8 subjects)|
|+ Select 4 any undergraduate subjects|
|Psychology Studies Major|
+ Select 4 level 2 subjects from List 1:|
+ Select 3 level 3 subjects from List 2:
|Must successfully complete 4 subjects at level 1 before attempting any level 2 or 3 subject|
For a comprehensive listing and outline of the respective course subjects, please click here.
- The entry requirements differs from country to country, but in general, applicants must have satisfactorily completed 12 years of schooling or equivalent.
- Successful completion of the James Cook University Singapore Foundation Program will also satisfy the entrance requirement.
- Successful completion of English Language subject or any language rich subject deemed comparable to Australian standards on a case-by-case basis which includes GCE A level Grade D or higher in English or any language rich subject, GCE AS level Grade C or higher in English or any language rich subject, or GCE O level Grade C or higher in English subject.
For further information please email us at email@example.com
- Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of IELTS 6 (no component lower than 6.0) / TOEFL (Internet Based) 74 (no component less than 18) / Pearson PTE Academic 52 (no component less than 52); or
- Satisfactory completion of James Cook University Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP); or
- Successful completion of other qualifications completed in English Language deemed comparable to Australian standards within the last two years assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Students may apply for exemption for previous tertiary study where appropriate in accordance with the Advanced Standing and Articulation policy and associated procedures. Advanced standing will be granted only for studies completed in the 10 years prior to the commencement of this course.
International students holding a valid Student’s Pass are required to attend at least 90% of scheduled classes per month. Failure to attend classes is a breach of the student visa conditions. Being absent from classes for a continuous period of seven days or more, or attendance falling below 90% without valid reasons will result in the student needing to surrender their Student’s Pass for cancellation.
Domestic students must attend at least 75% of the scheduled lecture and tutorial activities to be eligible for assessment.
Graduates of this major can pursue a diverse range of careers in government and human services organisations, business corporations, and the health sector as well as in media, market research, advertising, public relations and human resources.
*Fees apply to all Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding those holding a Student Pass)
Note: All course fees include prevailing 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Note: International students in Singapore on a Student Pass are not permitted to work. For more information please visit http://www.ica.gov.sg.
James Cook University is EduTrust Certified. The EduTrust certification scheme is administered by the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). EduTrust requires all students to be covered under a Fee Protection Scheme. In James Cook University, this is provided through an insurance protection scheme. Further, EduTrust also requires that the students must be covered under a medical insurance coverage which has provision for hospitalisation, surgery and treatment costs throughout their course duration. James Cook University will advise in the Standard Student Contract the total amount of insurance payable.
For more details please visit the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) website: www.cpe.gov.sg
Although James Cook University endeavours to ensure the accuracy of this information, there is no guarantee it will remain accurate all year. Applicants are advised to confirm program details with the appropriate school before making an application.