In the context of a JCU graduate on successful completion of the Postgraduate Qualifying Program (Business) graduates will be able to demonstrate essential knowledge and key critical necessary for a career in business related professions.
March, July, November
4 months full-time
1 trimester: 4 months full-time
- Contemporary Business Communications
Option A (General Stream)
Select this option if the destination degree is the Master of Business Administration, or the Master of International Tourism and Hospitality
Select 3 subjects from the following list
- Project Management
- Evidence Based Business Decision-Making
- Business Negotiation
- Managing People
- Hospitality Cultures and People
- Destination Management and Planning
Option B (Information Technology Stream)
Select this option if the destination degree is the Master of Information Technology or the Master of Information Technology – Master of Business Administration
Select 1 subject of level 2 Business or IT subjects as approved by the Course Coordinator
Select 2 subjects of level 3 Business or IT subjects as approved by Course Coordinator
- Qualifications as determined to be within 12 credit points of successful completion of an equivalent relevant AQF level 7 business degree.
- Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of IELTS 6 (no component lower than 6.0) / TOEFL (Internet Based) 74 (no component less than 18) / Pearson PTE Academic 52 (no component less than 52); or
- Satisfactory completion of James Cook University Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP); or
- Successful completion of other qualifications completed in English Language deemed comparable to Australian standards within the last two years on a case-by-case basis
International students holding a valid Student's Pass are required to attend at least 90% of scheduled classes per month. Failure to attend classes is a breach of the student visa conditions. Being absent from classes for a continuous period of seven days or more, or attendance falling below 90% without valid reasons will result in the student needing to surrender their Student's Pass for cancellation.
Domestic students must attend at least 75% of the scheduled lecture and tutorial activities to be eligible for assessment.
Successful students can progress through the Bachelor or Master Degree program cited above.
*Fees apply to all Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding those holding a Student Pass)
Note: All course fees include prevailing 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Download the Pathway Program brochure here.
Note: International students in Singapore on a Student Pass are not permitted to work. For more information please visit http://www.ica.gov.sg.
James Cook University is EduTrust Certified. The EduTrust certification scheme is administered by the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
EduTrust requires all students to be covered under a Fee Protection Scheme. In James Cook University, this is provided through an insurance protection scheme. Further, EduTrust also
requires that the students must be covered under a medical insurance coverage which has provision for hospitalisation, surgery and treatment costs throughout their course duration.
James Cook University will advise in the Standard Student Contract the total amount of insurance payable.
For more details please visit the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) website: www.cpe.gov.sg
Although James Cook University endeavours to ensure the accuracy of this information, there is no guarantee it will remain accurate all year. Applicants are advised to confirm program details with the appropriate school before making an application.