Postgraduate Qualifying Program (Business)
Postgraduate Qualifying Program (Business)
In the context of a JCU graduate on successful completion of the Postgraduate Qualifying Program (Business) graduates will be able to demonstrate essential knowledge and key critical necessary for a career in business related professions.
*In 2024, the intake will commence in February
**Carousel/Block intakes are for commencing students only, subsequently, students will progress with the trimester.
1 trimester (4 months full-time or 8 months part time)
- Professional and Academic Skills for Business
Option A (General Stream)
Select this option if the destination degree is the Master of Business Administration, or the Master of International Tourism and Hospitality
Select 3 subjects from the following list
- Project Management
- Evidence Based Business Decision-Making
- Business Negotiation
- Managing People
- Destination Management and Planning
Option B (Information Technology Stream)
Select this option if the destination degree is the Master of Information Technology or the Master of Information Technology – Master of Business Administration
Select 1 subject of level 2 Business or IT subjects as approved by the Course Coordinator
Select 2 subjects of level 3 Business or IT subjects as approved by Course Coordinator
For a comprehensive listing and outline of the respective course subjects, please click here.
- Completion of minimum qualification equivalent to post-Year 12, Associate degree GPA 4.0, Bachelor degree GPA 3.5, or 3 years full time work experience.
- Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of IELTS 6 (no component lower than 6.0) / TOEFL (Internet Based) 74 (no component less than 18) / Pearson PTE Academic 52 (no component less than 52); or
- Satisfactory completion of James Cook University Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP); or
- Successful completion of other qualifications completed in English Language deemed comparable to Australian standards within the last two years on a case-by-case basis
International students holding a valid Student's Pass are required to attend at least 90% of scheduled classes per month. Failure to attend classes is a breach of the student visa conditions. Being absent from classes for a continuous period of seven days or more, or attendance falling below 90% without valid reasons will result in the student needing to surrender their Student's Pass for cancellation.
Domestic students must attend at least 75% of the scheduled lecture and tutorial activities to be eligible for assessment.
Successful students can progress through the Bachelor or Master Degree program cited above.
**Fees apply to all Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding those holding a Student Pass).
- All course fees include the corresponding Singapore Goods and Services Tax (GST), which is 9% in 2024.
- The details of the instalment breakdown will be provided in your Student Contract. Please contact us for further details.
Note: International students in Singapore on a Student Pass are not permitted to work. For more information please visit http://www.ica.gov.sg.
James Cook University is EduTrust Certified. The EduTrust certification scheme is administered by the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). EduTrust requires all students to be covered under a Fee Protection Scheme. In James Cook University, this is provided through an insurance protection scheme. Further, EduTrust also requires that the students must be covered under a medical insurance coverage which has provision for hospitalisation, surgery and treatment costs throughout their course duration. James Cook University will advise in the Standard Student Contract the total amount of insurance payable.
For more details please visit the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) website: https://www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/pei
Although James Cook University endeavours to ensure the accuracy of this information, there is no guarantee it will remain accurate all year. Applicants are advised to confirm program details with the appropriate school before making an application.