Bachelor of Business (Majoring in Management)
Bachelor of Business (Majoring in Management)
With this degree you will be equipped with skills that meet the demands of business including developing communication and engagement skills, building networks, adopting a commercial mindset, understanding project management and mastering critical thinking and problem solving.
This business course can be your launching pad for a successful career in business management; learn how to manage a business, or to start your own.
Management roles are essential to all organisations. The intense speed of change in technology and the increasing pressure on companies to perform effectively in a globally competitive environment means there are new demands on managers to be innovative in their management and business opportunity practices.
The Bachelor of Business (Management) provides students with an opportunity to develop valuable analytical and practical skills. The course offers studies of management theory and practice combined with entrepreneurial themes and trends in emerging countries, behaviours, processes and skills and how these relate to new venture creation, corporate enterprise, social entrepreneurship and the management of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Our Bachelor of Business (Management) offers choice and flexibility, with the option to combine Management with a second major from Hospitality & Tourism Management, International Business. You have an option to combine any two fields of interest from a diverse range of study areas, and you can change your choices at any time in your first year.
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Principles of Economics
- Principles of Data Analysis for Business
- Introduction to Management Concepts and Application
- Professional and Academic Skills for Business
- Marketing Matters
- Business Law
- Career Development for Business Professionals
- The Future of Work: Seminar Series
- plus one of the following Work Integrated Learning Capstone Subjects:
- Professional Internship*
- Multidisciplinary Project
- Independent Project*
Additional Course Conditions:
In the JCU Bachelor of Business, students conclude their studies with a core Work Integrated Learning (WIL) experience that connects them with the business community, enabling them to demonstrate their graduate skills to potential employers.
To be eligible to apply for WIL, students must successfully complete prescribed online career development modules and quizzes throughout the degree to better prepare them for their WIL experience.
- Managing People
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Evidence Based Business Decision-Making
- Organisational Behaviour
- Innovation Driven Entrepreneurship
- Management Accounting for Non-Accountants
- Strategic Management and Leadership
Note: Upon recommendation students are required to complete English for Academic Purposes subject to meet progression requirements.
For a comprehensive listing and outline of the respective course subjects, please click here.
Eligibility & Requirements
- The entry requirements differ from country to country but in general applicants must have satisfactorily completed 12 years of schooling or equivalent
- Successful completion of the James Cook University Foundation Program will also satisfy the entry requirement.
- Recommended: Mathematical Methods
For further information email [email protected]
- Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of IELTS 6 (no component lower than 6.0) / TOEFL (Internet Based) 74 (no component less than 18) / Pearson PTE Academic 52 (no component less than 52); or
- Satisfactory completion of James Cook University Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP); or
- Successful completion of other qualifications completed in English Language deemed comparable to Australian standards on a case-by-case basis in accordance to JCU admissions guidelines.
- Advanced standing of up to 8 subjects will be granted upon successful completion of James Cook University Diploma of Higher Education (Business Studies) program.
- Credit exemption may be granted for students with tertiary qualifications from recognised institutions on a case-by-case basis.
International students holding a valid Student's Pass are required to attend at least 90% of scheduled classes per month. Failure to attend classes is a breach of the student visa conditions. Being absent from classes for a continuous period of seven days or more, or attendance falling below 90% without valid reasons will result in the student needing to surrender their Student's Pass for cancellation.
Domestic students must attend at least 75% of the scheduled lecture and tutorial activities to be eligible for assessment.
As a graduate, you will be able to work in many sectors of the economy starting at a middle management position. The job possibilities in government, small, medium and large businesses where work can be rewarding and your knowledge can assist in making strategic decisions that help business develop and thrive.
*Fees apply to all Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding those holding a Student Pass)
- All course fees include the corresponding Singapore Goods and Services Tax (GST), which is 8% in 2023.
- There will be an increase of GST in 2024 to 9%, hence this will affect the total tuition fees.
- The details of the instalment breakdown will be provided in your Student Contract. Please contact us for further details.
Note: International students in Singapore on a Student Pass are not permitted to work. For more information please visit http://www.ica.gov.sg.
James Cook University is EduTrust Certified. The EduTrust certification scheme is administered by the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). EduTrust requires all students to be covered under a Fee Protection Scheme. In James Cook University, this is provided through an insurance protection scheme. Further, EduTrust also requires that the students must be covered under a medical insurance coverage which has provision for hospitalisation, surgery and treatment costs throughout their course duration. James Cook University will advise in the Standard Student Contract the total amount of insurance payable.
For more details please visit the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) website: www.cpe.gov.sg
Although James Cook University endeavours to ensure the accuracy of this information, there is no guarantee it will remain accurate all year. Applicants are advised to confirm program details with the appropriate school before making an application.
View our upcoming events
Download the Business brochure here.