The following course pre-requisites have been designed to ensure the assumed base introductory knowledge within the Accounting, Marketing and Management disciplines.
- Completion of an AQF level 7 bachelor degree in a cognate*discipline from this or another university; or
- Completion of an AQF level 7 bachelor degree in any discipline from this or another university and two years business experience in a managerial role; or
- Completion of an AQF level 8 honours degree in any discipline from this or another university; or
- Completion of an AQF level 8 Graduate Certificate in Business Administration from this or another university; or
- Four years business experience in a managerial role**, to the satisfaction of the Course Coordinator; or
- Other qualifications or practical experience recognised by the university as equivalent to the above.
- Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of IELTS 6.5 (no component lower than 6.0) / TOEFL (Internet Based) 86 (no component less than 21) / Pearson PTE Academic 58 (no component less than 54) or
- Satisfactory completion of James Cook University Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP) or
- Successful completion of other qualifications completed in English Language deemed comparable to Australian standards within the last two years on a case-by-case basis
Advanced Standing (if any)
Students may apply for a credit transfer for previous tertiary study or informal and non-formal learning in accordance with the Credit Transfer Procedure.
Credit will be granted for the following:
- An AQF level 7 bachelor degree in a cognate discipline* in conjunction with four (4) years business experience in a managerial role** – 12 credit points
- An AQF level 8 bachelor honours degree in a cognate discipline* – 12 credit points
- The JCU Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
– 12 credit points
- Graduate Diploma in a cognate discipline* - up to 12 credit points
Advanced standing can also be considered for:
- Applicants with a four-year relevant undergraduate program
- Previous tertiary study where appropriate
Where employment experience without qualifications, as provided for in the Admission Requirements, is used to meet entry requirements, that experience will not also be used to give credit.
*Cognate disciplines: Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Management, Commerce, HRM, Economics, Tourism and Hospitality or other disciplines where students will have completed study relating to organisational behaviour, business, strategy, marketing, economics, communication and people management.
**Business experience: Applicants must have a minimum of 4 years full-time equivalent professional work experience in a management, leadership or supervisory level in a business environment or be eligible for a member grade status of a relevant professional organization organisation. Students will have demonstrable effective management experience relating to organisational behaviour, business, strategy, accounting, marketing, economics, communication and people management.
Maximum allowed: 12 credit points
International students holding a valid Student's Pass are required to attend at least 90% of scheduled classes per month. Failure to attend classes is a breach of the student visa conditions. Being absent from classes for a continuous period of seven days or more, or attendance falling below 90% without valid reasons will result in the student needing to surrender their Student's Pass for cancellation.
Domestic students must attend at least 75% of the scheduled lecture and tutorial activities to be eligible for assessment.