Bachelor of Business (Majoring in International Business)
Bachelor of Business (Majoring in International Business)
With this degree you will be equipped with skills that meet the demands of business including developing communication and engagement skills, building networks, adopting a commercial mindset, understanding project management and mastering critical thinking and problem solving.
International business is a rapidly growing area of study that deals with the development and management of multinational companies. Globalisation, global commerce and the development of communication technologies mean that many businesses now operate in the international market place. An understanding of the key issues involved in operating a business internationally will give many kinds of businesses a valuable edge in the market place.
The course includes foundation subjects in the areas of accounting for decision making, economics, data analysis, customer experience, management and personal professional skills. These subjects are then complemented by specialist topics in business negotiation, operations management, cross cultural management, international marketing and international business.
The Bachelor of Business (Majoring in International Business) offers choice and flexibility, with the option to combine International Business with a second major from Hospitality and Tourism Management, Marketing, Management, Human Resource Management. You have an option to combine any two fields of interest from a diverse range of study areas, and you can change your choices at any time in your first year.
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Principles of Economics
- Principles of Data Analysis for Business
- Introduction to Management Concepts and Application
- Professional and Academic Skills for Business
- Marketing Matters
- Business Law
- Career Development for Business Professionals
- The Future of Work: Seminar Series
- plus one of the following Work Integrated Learning Capstone Subjects:
- Professional Internship*
- Multidisciplinary Project
- Independent Project*
Additional Course Conditions:
In the JCU Bachelor of Business, students conclude their studies with a core Work Integrated Learning (WIL) experience that connects them with the business community, enabling them to demonstrate their graduate skills to potential employers.
To be eligible to apply for WIL, students must successfully complete prescribed online career development modules and quizzes throughout the degree to better prepare them for their WIL experience.
- Principles of Finance
- Business Negotiation
- Operations Management
- Evidence Based Business Decision-Making
- Innovation Driven Entrepreneurship
- Managing a Global Workforce
- International Business
- International Marketing in the Global Village
Note: Upon recommendation students are required to complete English for Academic Purposes subject to meet progression requirements.
For a comprehensive listing and outline of the respective course subjects, please click here.
- The entry requirements differ from country to country but in general applicants must have satisfactorily completed 12 years of schooling or equivalent
- Successful completion of the James Cook University Foundation Program will also satisfy the entry requirement.
- Recommended: Mathematical Methods
- Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of IELTS 6 (no component lower than 6.0) / TOEFL (Internet Based) 74 (no component less than 18) / Pearson PTE Academic 52 (no component less than 52); or
- Satisfactory completion of James Cook University Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP); or
- Successful completion of other qualifications completed in English Language deemed comparable to Australian standards on a case-by-case basis in accordance to JCU admissions guidelines.
- Advanced standing of up to 8 subjects will be granted upon successful completion of James Cook University Diploma of Higher Education (Business Studies) program.
- Credit exemption may be granted for students with tertiary qualifications from recognised institutions on a case-by-case basis.
With this degree, you can enter the arena of international business and pursue careers in the area of export and import, foreign affairs and trade, or international business strategy and management.
*Fees apply to all Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding those holding a Student Pass)
- All course fees include the corresponding Singapore Goods and Services Tax (GST), which is 8% in 2023.
- There will be an increase of GST in 2024 to 9%, hence this will affect the total tuition fees.
- The details of the instalment breakdown will be provided in your Student Contract. Please contact us for further details.
Note: International students in Singapore on a Student Pass are not permitted to work. For more information please visit http://www.ica.gov.sg.
James Cook University is EduTrust Certified. The EduTrust certification scheme is administered by the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). EduTrust requires all students to be covered under a Fee Protection Scheme. In James Cook University, this is provided through an insurance protection scheme. Further, EduTrust also requires that the students must be covered under a medical insurance coverage which has provision for hospitalisation, surgery and treatment costs throughout their course duration. James Cook University will advise in the Standard Student Contract the total amount of insurance payable.
For more details please visit the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) website: www.cpe.gov.sg
Although James Cook University endeavours to ensure the accuracy of this information, there is no guarantee it will remain accurate all year. Applicants are advised to confirm program details with the appropriate school before making an application.