JCU Singapore's library provides a professional and engaging library service to all students in their pursuit of lifelong learning and discovery.
We have a wide range of library resources, services and facilities that cater to various user needs and preferences . Our friendly librarians are always available at the library during operating hours to assist you with your requests. You can also use the libchat option when JCU Australia is open.
We share our online resources with JCU Australia. Through the innovative use of technology we ensure that library users have access to a rich array of online resources that are convenient, accessible and relevant.
The majority of our resources including eBooks and online journal articles are available 24/7 from the Library website. Don't forget that you will need to authenticate with your JCU userid (jcxxxxxx) and password to access these resources.
Click on the below link:
Items in ResearchOnline@JCU (InstitutionalRepository)
Walk into our library to discover and access our print collections:
- Text Books and recommended books
- Book Bites (general and fictional books donated by the student club)
- Books on JCU's Behaviours for Success for staff and students
- Printed Theses
All JCU Singapore students are eligible for a free National Library Board (NLB) Premium membership. NLB has 25 branches of world class libraries spread across the city.
- Students must be studying for a minimum of 3 terms (approximately one year) at the JCU Singapore campus.
- One year free membership fee of $53.30 will be paid by JCU Singapore for all foreign students
- For Singaporeans or Permanent Residents (to apply for “Passion Card” costing $12 and submit receipt for reimbursement by JCU Singapore). Free 5-year premium memberships will be given to all Passion Card holders.
Please contact our Librarians for the registration forms and application procedures.
- Check in and check out of books
- Computers with Internet connections
- Photocopying: When making copies the Singapore Copyright Act must be respected. It is not permitted to copy an entire book for example (only 10% can be copied).
- Printing of documents
- Scanning of documents
Lockers: $20 Refundable Deposit for all rows
Locker rental: $10 - $20, depending on the row
You will need your student ID to borrow resources from the library so always have it ready when you approach the Self Check out machine at level 1.
The loan limits for students are as follows:
- Full Time Students = 4 items for 1 week
Fines will be imposed if an item is not returned by the due date. Kindly pay attention to due dates and return your borrowed items on time! Email notifications about due dates and overdue items are sent to you.
Kindly note that reference copies can be borrowed for a short period of 4 hours.
Library Fines and Penalties:
Standard books : A fine of 50 cents per day to a maximum of $25
Reference Books : $1 per hour to a maximum of $25
Borrowing privileges are suspended for non-payment of charges of $25.00 or more.
Results will be withheld until outstanding charges are resolved.
Sims Drive Campus
Monday to Friday: 9am to 9pm
Saturday: 9am to 6pm
Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays
12th October 2018 to 2nd November 2018
Monday - Friday: 9:00am to 6:00pm
Closed on the following Saturdays:
13th, 20th, 27th October 2018 & 2nd November 2018
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: 6709 3799
- You must properly borrow items from the library. Do not take books without checking them out.
- You must return books on time, not keep them until after an exam. Others need to study too.
- If you need to talk, please use the student lounge or café area. Keep the library quiet and peaceful at all times.
- Treat the library and materials with care. Do not leave your trash for others.
- Be considerate. Seating is for those already in the library. Please do not reserve seats or take up lots of space that could be used by someone else.
- Keep your belongings with you. The library is not responsible if you lose expensive personal belongings.
Be a thoughtful student and remember library resources are meant to be shared