- Degree & Masters Courses & Study in Singapore
- Study at JCU
- Campus Maps & Contact Information
- Accommodation Search
- Pre-arrival Information
- Living in Singapore
- Ace Suites
- Brickhouse @ Sims
- De Cozy @ Central Imperial
- De Cozy @ Atrium Residences
- De Cozy @ The Diamond
- De Cozy @ La Brisa
- De Cozy @ Casa Aerata
- De Cozy @ Belimbing
- De Cozy @ Canne Ville
- De Cozy @ One Leicester
- De Cozy @ Mackenzie Regency
- East Lodge
- Evo Global Services @ Euro-Asia Court
- Evo Global Services @ Oleander Towers
- Evo Global Services @ The Regalia
- Evo Global Services @ Sunshine Plaza Residences
- Real Estate Investment Hub @ Loft 68
- Cozyhouz Service Provider @ Casa Irrawaddy
- Cozyhouz Service Provider @ Trellis Tower
- Cozyhouz Service Provider @ Vista Residences
- ES Home @ ES Homestay
- Dash Living @ Atrium Residences
- Dash Living @ TRE Residences
- Dash Living @ Sims Urban Oasis
- Dash Living @ Simsville
- Dash Living @ Esta Ruby
- Dash Living @ Versilia On Haig
- Dash Living @ Central Grove
- Dash Living @ The Waterina
- Times Overseas Homestay @ Paya Lebar Residences
- HomeyDays @ Sims Dorado
- HomeyDays @ Aston Mansions
- HomeyDays @ One Saint Michael's
- HomeyDays @ Sennett Estate
- HomeyDays @ Sennett Residence
- HomeyDays @ The Aberdeen
- HomeyDays @ Woodsville 28
- Cove Living @ Fortune Jade
- Cove Living @ TRE Residences
- Cove Living @ The Meyer Place
- Cove Living @ Park 1 Suites
- Cove Living @ Kerrisdale
- Cove Living @ Eight Riversuites
- Cove Living @ The Centren
- Cove Living @ Sturdee Residences
- The Ascott Limited @ lyf Funan Singapore
- Cove Living @ The Alcove
- Xcel Apartments @ Canne Lodge
- Xcel Apartments @ The Trumps
- HomeyDays @ Canne Ville
- Housing Development Board Apartment (HDB)
- Accommodation FAQs
- Pre-arrival Information
Student support services
- Student Handbook
- Student Affairs Directory
- Messages to all Students
- Library Services
- Careers Services
- Psychology clinic
- IT on campus
- Learning Centre
- Counselling and Progressions
- Attendance & Insurance
- Student Feedback
- Student Advisory Services
- Student Clubs
- Campus Culture
- Calendars & Timetables
- You said it. We did it.
- JCU Privilege Programme
- Book Prizes for the Year 2021
- About Us
- Applying and Enrolment
- JCUS Student Code of Conduct
- Staff Email
- Facilities Booking
- Merit Scholarships
- JCU Graduation
- LearnJCU Help Guides
- Tropical Futures Institute
- Move-Up Scholarships for Current Students
- Annual Report 2020
- Clubs & Societies Redirect
- LC APA 7th Resources Redirect
How do I source for accommodation with James Cook University Singapore?
You must firstly be associated with James Cook University Singapore.
For new students, once you have received your In-Principle Approval (IPA), you can login to our Pre-Arrival System for airport pickup and accommodation application.
For current students, you can send us an email at email@example.com for an initial enquiry. Please have the subject titled as, “Current Student Seeking Accommodation Assistance”
You will be receive a reply within 2 working days from James Cook University Singapore's accommodation department.
Who do I confirm my accommodation with?
James Cook University Singapore’s accommodation department will assist to link you up with your preferred choice of the accommodation provider.
You are to receive confirmation directly from the accommodation provider only. James Cook University Singapore’s accommodation department does not make any confirmation of accommodation on behalf of any student.
I have just applied to study at James Cook University Singapore, but I have yet to receive a Letter of Offer. Can I place an accommodation booking?
James Cook University Singapore’s accommodation department will assist future students to source for accommodation with our list of appointed accommodation providers.
For new international students, once you have received your In-Principle Approval (IPA), you can login to our Pre-Arrival System for accommodation application.
Students are recommended to only secure their accommodation once they have received their IPA and the necessary entry approval into Singapore.
How will I know the total payment required for my accommodation?
James Cook University Singapore appointed accommodation providers will issue an invoice to you. The invoice will state the list of items you will be paying for, such as deposit, rental, access cards, etc.
Do I need to pay a security deposit for my accommodation?
All James Cook University Singapore appointed accommodation providers requires a security deposit to confirm the reservation of the accommodation. Typically deposit amount will be equivalent to one calendar month’s rent and is refundable at the end of your accommodation tenancy agreement. However, it is subjected to meeting contract obligations, such as leaving the room tidy, no damage, etc.
I do not prefer any of the accommodation providers currently appointed by James Cook University Singapore, is it possible to make my arrangements?
James Cook University Singapore’s accommodation department renders accommodation assistance to future and current students free of charge.
James Cook University Singapore’s accommodation department gives the student the liberty to opt for the best accommodation that matches their preference. If the student decides to make their arrangement, James Cook University Singapore’s accommodation department do advise that they ensure the accommodation provider is legitimate and that they are well aware of regulations by different government regulatory boards on accommodation.
For the Housing & Development Board (HDB) rental, the landlord must seek HDB approval before registering the student as a tenant. The minimum rental period at an HDB flat and bedroom is six consecutive months. For more information, click here.
For private residential rental, the landlord doesn’t need to seek approval from the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA). The maximum number of occupants in the unit is 6. And the minimum rental period is 3 consecutive months.
You can approach the James Cook University Singapore’s accommodation department if you need any assistance regarding your tenancy agreement matters.
Is the cost of utilities (water, gas and electricity) included in the rent?
For James Cook University Singapore appointed accommodation providers, utilities may or may not be included in the rental. Some will be charged at a fixed rate, while some will be split among housemate at the end of each month. Please check with the respective accommodation provider or James Cook University Singapore’s accommodation department directly.
Is internet connection included in the rent?
James Cook University Singapore appointed accommodation providers provides wireless internet connection as part of the monthly rent.
For students who decide to source for their accommodation, wireless internet connection may or may not be available as part of other accommodation rental options. Students are advised to check with their landlord whether the wireless internet connection is included in the monthly rent.
What kind of facilities are in the rooms?
James Cook University Singapore appointed accommodation providers are required to have a set of basic items that they to the students. This includes the bed, personal locker/wardrobe, air-condition, study table, chair, and a minimum of 2 conveniently located power sockets.
For students who decide to source for their accommodation, facilities vary from different landlords. Students are advised to check with the landlord.
Will there be a representative from James Cook University Singapore meeting me at the airport when I first arrive in Singapore?
If you have submitted your confirmed flight details through our Pre-Arrival System, James Cook University Singapore’s pre-arrival department will arrange a current James Cook University Singapore Meet & Greet Buddy to meet you at the airport and take you to your pre-arranged accommodation location.
Do I need to pay for the service? Such as airport pickup, accommodation arrangement, and medical check-up for student pass.
All the above services are rendered as part of the International Student Registration Fee, among a whole range of university services. Hence, you are not required to make any other payment to facilitate the above.
Can I have friends and family come to stay?
James Cook University Singapore welcome all friends and visitors to Singapore. However, our airport pick-up and accommodation service is only available to you and your family members.
James Cook University Singapore appointed accommodation providers do not allow parents to stay with their kid. Parents are advised to stay at a hotel or hostel of their choice during their visit to Singapore.
My question is not answered here, who should I contact?
For questions regarding student accommodation, please drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding airport pickup, please drop a mail to email@example.com.
Singapore is a multicultural country and you may find customary practices and religious beliefs that are different from yours. Therefore, social integration and common courtesies are necessary. Some of the common courtesies to observe are as follow:
- Remove your shoes before you enter a house and leave them at the door.
- Keep your accommodation clean and tidy.
- Keep the kitchen clean and wash your cutlery and crockery after using them.
- Keep the common bathroom clean by washing it regularly, and flush the toilet after use.
- Timetable your use of the washing machine.
- Remove your laundry promptly after drying so that other tenants can do their laundry.
- The washing machine used for clothes and linen only. Do not use the washing machine to wash footwear.
You may be sharing your accommodation with people of different religious beliefs. It is important to respect their beliefs and not impose yours on others.
The consumption or handling of a certain food is prohibited in some religions. Please respect your housemates' religious dietary restrictions. For example, Muslims do not eat pork or cook with alcohol or lard, while Hindus and Buddhists do not eat beef and some maybe vegetarians. Ensure that you store, label, and cook these products separately if your housemate observes these religious practices.
While your housemates should respect your need to pray, please keep your religious practices private.
Although you may feel you have gained a degree of freedom by living away from home, you should still observe some basic etiquette as a tenant:
- Obtain permission from your landlord if you are bringing guests in to stay.
- Observe curfew hours and be careful not to disturb the household when your return.
- Do not smoke in your room.
- Keep your room locked at all times