- Degree & Masters Courses & Study in Singapore
- Study at JCU
- Campus Maps & Contact Information
- Accommodation Search
- Pre-arrival Information
- Living in Singapore
- Ace Suites
- Brickhouse @ Sims
- De Cozy @ Central Imperial
- De Cozy @ Atrium Residences
- De Cozy @ The Diamond
- De Cozy @ La Brisa
- De Cozy @ Casa Aerata
- De Cozy @ Belimbing
- De Cozy @ Canne Ville
- De Cozy @ One Leicester
- De Cozy @ Mackenzie Regency
- East Lodge
- Evo Global Services @ Euro-Asia Court
- Evo Global Services @ Oleander Towers
- Evo Global Services @ The Regalia
- Evo Global Services @ Sunshine Plaza Residences
- Real Estate Investment Hub @ Loft 68
- Cozyhouz Service Provider @ Casa Irrawaddy
- Cozyhouz Service Provider @ Trellis Tower
- Cozyhouz Service Provider @ Vista Residences
- ES Home @ ES Homestay
- Dash Living @ Atrium Residences
- Dash Living @ TRE Residences
- Dash Living @ Sims Urban Oasis
- Dash Living @ Simsville
- Dash Living @ Esta Ruby
- Dash Living @ Versilia On Haig
- Dash Living @ Central Grove
- Dash Living @ The Waterina
- Times Overseas Homestay @ Paya Lebar Residences
- HomeyDays @ Sims Dorado
- HomeyDays @ Aston Mansions
- HomeyDays @ One Saint Michael's
- HomeyDays @ Sennett Estate
- HomeyDays @ Sennett Residence
- HomeyDays @ The Aberdeen
- HomeyDays @ Woodsville 28
- Cove Living @ Fortune Jade
- Cove Living @ TRE Residences
- Cove Living @ The Meyer Place
- Cove Living @ Park 1 Suites
- Cove Living @ Kerrisdale
- Cove Living @ Eight Riversuites
- Cove Living @ The Centren
- Cove Living @ Sturdee Residences
- The Ascott Limited @ lyf Funan Singapore
- Cove Living @ The Alcove
- Xcel Apartments @ Canne Lodge
- Xcel Apartments @ The Trumps
- HomeyDays @ Canne Ville
- Housing Development Board Apartment (HDB)
- Accommodation FAQs
- Pre-arrival Information
Student support services
- Student Handbook
- Student Affairs Directory
- Messages to all Students
- Library Services
- Careers Services
- Psychology clinic
- IT on campus
- Learning Centre
- Counselling and Progressions
- Attendance & Insurance
- Student Feedback
- Student Advisory Services
- Student Clubs
- Campus Culture
- Calendars & Timetables
- You said it. We did it.
- JCU Privilege Programme
- Book Prizes for the Year 2021
- Book Prizes for the English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP)
- Book Prizes for the Year 2022
- About Us
- Applying and Enrolment
- JCUS Student Code of Conduct
- Staff Email
- Facilities Booking
- Merit Scholarships
- JCU Graduation
- LearnJCU Help Guides
- Tropical Futures Institute
- Move-Up Scholarships for Current Students
- JCU Success Workshops
- Annual Report 2020
- Clubs & Societies Redirect
- LC APA 7th Resources Redirect
Welcome to Singapore!
Before departing for Singapore, you should have made prior arrangements with James Cook University Singapore Airport Pick-up Service for a smooth and seamless transfer to your accommodation in Singapore.
When embarking to Singapore, there is important information that you should be aware of to ease the immigration and customs clearance process.
Please click on the respective headings below for useful information before departing from your home country and arriving in Singapore. For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
All international students are eligible to request an airport pick-up service. Each student will be granted access to our online Pre-Arrival System.
Accessing the Pre-Arrival System should be done once you receive your In-Principle Approval (IPA). An acknowledgement email will be sent to you within 1 working day upon receiving your submission. The email indicates the finalized information of the airport pick-up.
On the day of your arrival, you will be met by an outsourced transport company driver and a James Cook University Singapore Meet & Greet Buddy. They will assist and send you to your pre-arranged accommodation.
Click here to be directed to an illustration of the airport pick-up arrangements procedures.
Click here for more information on how to be a James Cook University Singapore Meet & Greet Buddy.
When entering Singapore, you must present yourself for immigration clearance at the point of entry. You must satisfy the following basic requirements before you can be considered for entry:
- A passport that is valid for at least six months.
- Sufficient funds for the length of your intended stay.
- A submitted Electronic Arrival Card.
- A valid In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter.
- A valid Singapore visa (to check whether you need a visa, see Visa Requirements).
- A Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable.
Before you leave your designated arrival belt, you will come across 2 Singapore Customs Counters:
The Red and Green Channel system is operated at major passenger entry checkpoints to expedite customs clearance of arriving travellers.
These counters are manned by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers who grant clearance to all travellers bringing items/goods to Singapore. If an ICA officer at a checkpoint wishes to examine your baggage, you must open, unpack and repack it yourself. This gives you full control over the process. It also prevents any unintentional damage to your baggage or belongings.
If you do not have dutiable, controlled or prohibited goods, you may proceed to the Green Channel. However, ICA officers may conduct checks on visitors’ baggage. If you are found with any undeclared dutiable, controlled or prohibited goods, you may be fined or prosecuted.
You must declare all dutiable goods, controlled goods or prohibited goods at the Red Channel. You must show these goods and your import licence, or authorisation where applicable, to an ICA officer for examination, and seek Customs clearance. Making a false or incorrect declaration is an offence.
For a full detailed list of Dutiable, Controlled and Prohibited Goods, please click here.
For more information, please visit the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority website – https://www.ica.gov.sg/
Before receiving a Student Pass, all students must undergo a medical check-up in Singapore, which James Cook University Singapore will arrange on your behalf. The medical check-up is a Singapore Government requirement.
After completing the medical check-up, James Cook University Singapore will arrange for you to visit the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) to collect your Student Pass. Your Student Pass will be valid for the duration of your study.