Arrival in Singapore
- Courses & Study
- Study at JCU
- Campus Maps & Contact Information
- Accommodation Search
- Arrival in Singapore
- Living in Singapore
Off Campus Hostels
- Ace Suites
- Brickhouse @ Sims
- CSL Student Living Selegie @ dwell Student Living
- De Cozy @ Central Imperial
- De Cozy @ The Diamond
- De Cozy @ La Brisa
- De Cozy @ Novena Court
- De Cozy @ Casa Aerata
- De Cozy @ The Sunshine
- East Lodge
- Evo Global Services @ Euro-Asia Court
- Evo Global Services @ Oleander Towers
- Evo Global Services @ The Regalia
- Herald Homestay @ Sant Ritz
- Real Estate Investment Hub @ Loft 68
- De Cozy @ Blossom View
- De Cozy @ Canne Ville
- De Cozy @ Winsome Apartments
- De Cozy @ One Leicester
- Cozihouz Service Provider @ Casa Irrawaddy
- Cozihouz Service Provider @ Trellis Tower
- ES Home @ ES Homestay
- Easycity @ Atrium Residences
- Easycity @ Esta Ruby
- Easycity @ Versilia On Haig
- Herald Homestay @ TRE Residences
- Times Overseas Homestay @ Payar Lebar Residences
- De Cozy @ Belimbing
- Cozihouz Service Provider @ Langston Ville
- HomeyDays @ Aston Mansions
- HomeyDays @ Oleander Towers
- HomeyDays @ One Saint Michael's
- HomeyDays @ Woodsville 28
- Cove Living @ Fortune Jade
- Cove Living @ TRE Residences
- Cove Living @ The Meyer Place
- Cove Living @ Park 1 Suites
- Cove Living @ Pastoral View
- Cove Living @ Kerrisdale
- Cove Living @ Eight Riversuites
- Cove Living @ Apleton View
- Ascott International @ lyf Funan Singapore
- Housing Development Board Apartment (HDB)
- Accommodation FAQs
- Pre-arrival Information
Student support services
- Student Handbook
- Student Affairs Directory
- Messages to all Students
- Library Services
- Careers Services
- Psychology clinic
- IT on campus
- Learning Centre
- Counselling and Wellbeing Office
- Attendance & Insurance
- Clubs & Societies
- Campus Culture
- Calendars & Timetables
- You said it. We did it.
- About Us
- Applying and Enrolment
- JCUS Student Code of Conduct
- Good Science = Great Business 2018 Festival
- Staff Email
- Facilities Booking
- Merit Scholarships
- JCU Graduation
- LearnJCU Help Guides
- Tropical Futures Institute
Arrival in Singapore
Welcome to Singapore!
Before departing for Singapore, you should have made prior arrangements with the Singapore campus of James Cook University Airport Pick Up Service for a smooth and seamless transfer to your accommodation in Singapore.
When embarking to Singapore, there are important information that you should be aware of to ease the immigration and customs clearance process.
Do click on the respective headings below for useful information before departing from your home country and arriving to Singapore. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an international student of James Cook University Singapore, you are eligible to submit a request for airport pickup through our online Pre-Arrival System. You may only access the Pre-Arrival System once you have received your In-Principle Approval (IPA).
Upon submitting your request on the Pre-Arrival System, an acknowledgement email will be sent to you within 1 working day. This email will indicate the your finalised airport pickup arrangements.
On the day of your arrival, you will be met by an outsourced transport company driver and a James Cook University Singapore Student Ambassador. The ambassador will assist to send you to your pre-arranged accommodation.
Click here for an illustration of the airport pickup arrangement procedures.
Travellers to Singapore without a valid residential status (On Social Visit pass) are required to accomplish the below Disembarkation/Embarkation Card. You will be given a number of copies by flight attendants on board your flight. For those who are taking other modes of transportation, the Disembarkation / Embarkation Cards are available at all Singapore checkpoints free of charge. You may also obtain them from your travel agents, bus companies and ferry operators. For a sample of the Disembarkation / Embarkation Card, please click here.
At the Immigration counter, you need to present the completed Disembarkation / Embarkation card to the officer along with your In-Principle Approval Letter and travel document (i.e., international passport). Please ensure that the card is fully completed and is accomplished in a neat and legible manner.
Upon the grant of immigration clearance, the Disembarkation portion will be retained by the officer. The Embarkation portion and the IPA Letter will be returned to you. An endorsement indicating the period that the visitor is allowed to enter and stay in Singapore is stamped on both portions of the D/E Card as well as on the passport.
For more information, please visit the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority - www.ica.gov.sg
Before you leave your designated arrival belt, you will come across 2 Singapore Customs Counters:
These counters are manned by ICA officers who grant clearance to all travellers bringing items / goods to Singapore. Before bringing any item to the country, refer to this vital information and check to which category the goods belong to.
Under Singapore laws, certain types of items are subject to the payment of duty before you can bring them into the country, some require permits with relevant government authorities prior to customs clearance. On the other hand, there is a category of goods which are absolutely prohibited from being brought into the country and which could subject you to composition amounts and customs offences once caught in your possession.
For a full detailed list of Dutiable, Controlled and Prohibited Goods, please click here.
For more information, please visit the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority website – https://www.ica.gov.sg/
Before receiving a Student Pass, all students must undergo a medical check up in Singapore, which we will arrange on your behalf. The medical check up is a Singapore Government requirement and assists in ensuring that Singapore remains free of communicable diseases and in the long term also protects the health of our students.
After completing the medical check up we will arrange for you to visit the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) for your Student Pass, valid for the duration of your study at the Singapore campus.
There is an International Student Registration Fee of S$500 (inclusive of GST) applicable to all international students receiving an offer from our campus.
The fee covers a range of facilities we provide to international students:
- An initial airport pick-up service
- Initial and ongoing support with arranging accommodation and resolving any issues which may arise from time to time
- Arranging the student pass
- Arranging the initial medical check-up (including transportation to and from the medical)
- Student counselling (from minor counselling to a full psychology clinic service, where this is assessed as necessary)
- Access to free internet service
- Access to a variety of student clubs and activities
- Student assistance, including access to purpose designed study areas
- Job application readiness skills workshops
- IT helpdesk